5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to do Billstein 5100 with 35s?

GoRamGo

Reaction score
I ordered the billstein 5100 front and rear and was wondering if i want to could i run 35s or would trimming need to be done 4WP told me there would need to be major trimming but i thought i read n these forums that people were able to fit them just fine this is my first truck ever its a 2019 big horn right now im running 33s? Thanks

Nhoj Rehsif

Reaction score
From my understanding and what I read, that was the case on the 17 and older models and the 19-20 classic. It seems as of on the 19-20 DT”s that is not necessary except for a little trim piece on the back, lower, front fender wells.
Hope that helps.

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Ok cool i appreciate the input i am waiting on the front Billstein 5100s to come in once they do im running them on front and rear with icon rear springs

Nhoj Rehsif

Reaction score
I did Icon 2 stage springs in the rear. Night and day difference!!

Good choice

r_pittman47

Reaction score
From my understanding and what I read, that was the case on the 17 and older models and the 19-20 classic. It seems as of on the 19-20 DT”s that is not necessary except for a little trim piece on the back, lower, front fender wells.
Hope that helps.

Not saying that 35s can't be done with just a level but it's in my experience that this is the opposite. The 4th Gen seems to have much larger wheel wells then the 5th Gen. I had 35s on my 4th Gen and there was much more room. On my 5th Gen I added 285/60/20 (33.5x11.5) with Bilsteins set to 2.2". I could have maybe went a little bigger with the tires but I did not want to rub, and wanted to somewhat maintain the fuel economy that I had. To the poster, you could always set the Bilsteins to 2.6" if you don't have the off-road package, go with some UCA's and probably get away with 35s if you don't go too crazy on the offset.

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Ok cool thank you for the response as of right now im most likely going to run the billstein front and rear max settings and on the rear run the icon springs just waiting for all the parts to come in so i can install

Users who are viewing this thread