5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the rear park assist system?

jeeplj8

Reaction score
The electronics on this 5th Gen are a little different than the others I have owned. It will not allow me to back down my driveway without locking up the brakes. Kind of a hassle to turn off the park assist and then remember to turn it on every time I back out of my own garage. It is way more sensitive than the past several vehicles I have owned with the same system. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can turn off the braking function and leave the sensors and audio alerts active, many have experienced what you are. I believe I turned off the braking part before I even left the dealer lot.
Same here. It was the sales rep who recommended I turn it off before I left the lot. A lot of customers were complaining about it at the time. I did enable it once just to see, and that's all it took. It's been off ever since.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think so. I turned mine off about the 3rd or 4th day I bought it. My driveway is steep and at the bottom the truck always thought the asphalt was impending doom, slamming on the brakes and throwing me and my dog all over the place.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Same as the others for me. I shut it off.

Don't worry, all you lose is the braking. The alerts still come on every day when I back out, but instead of braking and a racket, I get some beeps and a dash message reminding me the braking is off.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, if you are having an issue with the auto braking, turn off only the auto braking feature in your Uconnect options screen, but don't toggle off the switch that controls your reverse alerts.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you can turn off the automatic braking for the rear sensors in the settings menu on the uconnect.

my salesman didn’t say anything to me about it. First time I backed out of my garage it locked them up and scared the crap out of me and my wife. I have a small sloping hill where I back out.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I turned mine off also. It would brake on a Curb or even a 6" pile of snow.

Malodave

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, I turned off the Auto Braking....way too damn sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread