5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is FCA lying to me about the gas tank I ordered?

The only thing I can think of regarding the design and decision to put a 23 gallon tank on the etourque is a slight uptick in estimated fuel economy to drive a sale for those that find that info important.

According to the specifications section on the Ram website, quad cabs come standard with 23-gallon tanks, while crew cabs come standard with 26-gallon tanks.

To your point, if I attempt to build a Laramie 4x4 with HEMI eTorque online, I see the "standard" tank shows as 23 gallons. There is a $0 option for the 26-gallon tank, but that option requires the Laramie Level 2 package ($4,895). I'm guessing you don't have the Level 2 package.

I do have the level 2 package. I also have a 3.92 rear end, which negates any additional mpg the eTorgue is supposed to provide. I haven't done much highway driving so far, around town I'm only getting about 14.5mpg. Now that I know, I wish I would have ordered the 33 gallon. The good news is since I approved a build sheet from the dealer showing a 26 gallon tank they are going to swap one in for me at no cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back