5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words?

Lugnut

Reaction score
Here are three pictures to show tire / body position for those considering aftermarket tires/wheels. This is a 2021 Ram Rebel with BDS beta 4" Air Ride Suspension, Mopar beadlock capable wheels, Part # 82215259AB and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R18 tires. Stock fenders and the tires tuck in very well. Effective clearance in all steering positions and all suspension settings. This is BDS garage and pics taken by BDS engineer. Project successful; I'm picking up the truck in a couple of days. More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_131331834.jpg
    IMG_20210504_131331834.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20210504_131340926.jpg
    IMG_20210504_131340926.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20210504_131355976.jpg
    IMG_20210504_131355976.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 172

Lugnut

Reaction score
I posed every pic I got from the vendor. As soon as I pick it up I will post more.

Lugnut

Reaction score
This is with air ride setting to "off-road". Normal mode looks best and entry/exit mode still allows my 70+ year old friends and family get in and out without too much complaining.

Mechanically the truck is phenomenal and pulls like a freight train but the tune is not right yet and there are reasons why I am reticent. More to come.

Attachments

• 20210523_154732.jpg
    20210523_154732.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20210523_154804.jpg
    20210523_154804.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 163

George_RAM

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing the results of this project. It would be great to see the truck with the supercharger in the dyno. Really excited about it.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing the results of this project. It would be great to see the truck with the supercharger in the dyno. Really excited about it.
Here is a picture of a truck on the dyno with a supercharger lol.

Attachments

• 5CEABB69-6DBE-479B-8DED-5F777D9CA289.jpeg
    5CEABB69-6DBE-479B-8DED-5F777D9CA289.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 101

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should black out the need locks on those rims. Sitting pretty high. How does it drive? Looks great.

Lugnut

Reaction score
It was dyno tuned at ProCharger on a Mustang Dyno. The stock baseline numbers were high 200's and the final was mid 400's. If I remember correctly, the dynojet numbers are 10% higher on average. I'll try to get exact numbers or I'll get a print-out if it gets re-dyno'ed on a correction tune because... the tune isn't right.

I took a rental car from Jersey to Michigan when I was told the truck was done. I was warned that it was throwing a pesky error code for Start/Stop with the e-Torque but as long as it was turned off it was fine. It wasn't fine; not by a sight. Whoops. The second I pulled out of the parking lot it threw the first error. I drove it from Michigan to Jersey and it threw maybe 35 error codes and kept going into 'limp mode'. I'd have to shut it down and restart and then it would be fine again. But that can get dicey on interstates. It was a laugh a minute.

ProCharger dialed it in with HP Tuning and then the suspension company put a Hypertech speedo calibrator on it in the OBD port. Obviously that was a mistake because the computer had nothing but havoc and attitude. The errors seem random and erratic. In one moment I could mat it to the floor and it would pull like a raped ape for the entire hole-shot. I looked down one time and was backing off of 120 MPH. Didn't feel like it. Dream ride. On another hole-shot it would fall flat on its face and report 4 or 5 errors on the dash. So I gimped home; filled with anxiety because I didn't know what to expect. But it was OK. Buggy as hell but OK. It feels like the truck is wrestling with torque management in the computer but that is just my inexperienced guess.

Beta projects can take time and patience to iron out. I signed up for that; no complaints. These are the tribulations of early adapters. But I confess that I wish I knew that the tune wasn't right so I could have hauled it home on a car carrier. Got through it; no harm no foul.

It's in the process of getting tune ironed out now. My very trusted and valued service manager looked at all the errors and told me they were all computer attitude and nothing mechanical. PHEW!! They also re-torqued all the BDS fasteners for me. They're going to try and sort out the tune with the techs at ProCharger. I hope so, but it may need one of the 'mad scientist' HP Tuners to exorcise the demons from it. Hopefully I can make that happen. I'm a long time out of the game.

Computer funk aside, the ride is amazing. Air suspension is fully functional and it still feels like a ride in a Lincoln Navigator IMO. Enough cannot be said about the smoothness of the air ride regardless of terrain. And the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are amazing and as quiet as a rat pissing on cotton.

Thanks for indulging my drama. It's like a soap opera. Stay tuned for next week's episode of "As the Stomach Turns". LOL, I'm joking; I'm 100% grateful to the vendors and enjoying the hell out of this project; problems, anxieties and all.

More to come.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It was dyno tuned at ProCharger on a Mustang Dyno. The stock baseline numbers were high 200's and the final was mid 400's. If I remember correctly, the dynojet numbers are 10% higher on average. I'll try to get exact numbers or I'll get a print-out if it gets re-dyno'ed on a correction tune because... the tune isn't right.

I took a rental car from Jersey to Michigan when I was told the truck was done. I was warned that it was throwing a pesky error code for Start/Stop with the e-Torque but as long as it was turned off it was fine. It wasn't fine; not by a sight. Whoops. The second I pulled out of the parking lot it threw the first error. I drove it from Michigan to Jersey and it threw maybe 35 error codes and kept going into 'limp mode'. I'd have to shut it down and restart and then it would be fine again. But that can get dicey on interstates. It was a laugh a minute.

ProCharger dialed it in with HP Tuning and then the suspension company put a Hypertech speedo calibrator on it in the OBD port. Obviously that was a mistake because the computer had nothing but havoc and attitude. The errors seem random and erratic. In one moment I could mat it to the floor and it would pull like a raped ape for the entire hole-shot. I looked down one time and was backing off of 120 MPH. Didn't feel like it. Dream ride. On another hole-shot it would fall flat on its face and report 4 or 5 errors on the dash. So I gimped home; filled with anxiety because I didn't know what to expect. But it was OK. Buggy as hell but OK. It feels like the truck is wrestling with torque management in the computer but that is just my inexperienced guess.

Beta projects can take time and patience to iron out. I signed up for that; no complaints. These are the tribulations of early adapters. But I confess that I wish I knew that the tune wasn't right so I could have hauled it home on a car carrier. Got through it; no harm no foul.

It's in the process of getting tune ironed out now. My very trusted and valued service manager looked at all the errors and told me they were all computer attitude and nothing mechanical. PHEW!! They also re-torqued all the BDS fasteners for me. They're going to try and sort out the tune with the techs at ProCharger. I hope so, but it may need one of the 'mad scientist' HP Tuners to exorcise the demons from it. Hopefully I can make that happen. I'm a long time out of the game.

Computer funk aside, the ride is amazing. Air suspension is fully functional and it still feels like a ride in a Lincoln Navigator IMO. Enough cannot be said about the smoothness of the air ride regardless of terrain. And the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are amazing and as quiet as a rat pissing on cotton.

Thanks for indulging my drama. It's like a soap opera. Stay tuned for next week's episode of "As the Stomach Turns". LOL, I'm joking; I'm 100% grateful to the vendors and enjoying the hell out of this project; problems, anxieties and all.

More to come.
The Procharger tune does nothing with the TCM so you would benefit from getting the transmission tuned for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread