5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone Text notifications are working now!

nerdrock

Reaction score
Just a heads up, y'all. When I got my Ram 3 months ago, Text messages did not show up anywhere on the truck's infotainment system when a text came in. Somewhere in the truck's documentation it even noted that text messages weren't supported on iOS. Android only. After I got it back from the shop a few days ago, they were working. My guess is the recent iOS update (11.4.1) fixed the issue, as chances of the infotainment system in the Ram being updated while it was at the dealer for other issues are pretty slim.

Unfortunately, to have your text message read to you while you're driving you have to press a button on your infotainment screen. Here's hoping at some point they take a cue from GM (my 17 silverado would also pop up a notification in the driver information screen and all I had to do was press 'ok' on the steering wheel)

Don't forget to be sure you go in your iPhone's settings > Bluetooth > press the little (i) next to Uconnect, and "Show Notifications" is turned on. It's off by default.

It doesn't let you trigger a reply from that screen, but you can just invoke siri by holding the voice button on the steering wheel for 2 seconds and do it that way.

text.jpg

nerdrock

Reaction score
Yeah. Carplay works just fine. I like Android Auto a little better, personally.
I'm not a fanboy for either and have been back and forth between android and apple hardware a lot of times over the years : but the '17 silverado never had a single issue with showing text messages from previous versions of iOS or the few Androids I'd used with it.

warvet

Reaction score
mine showed up from day 1........I have an iPhone. I remember the manual saying "replying" to texts wasn't supported with IOS........unless you use Siri. I do have 11.4.1, but my guess is I've had that the entire 1,000 miles I've had the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread