5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone locks while on Bluetooth and Uconnect - can I disable it? SOLVED

slowjam

Reaction score
My iPhone is paired up and works great with the 12” screen.
Question:
is it possible to over ride the IPhone auto lock-out when the phone is connected to the Bluetooth and Uconnect?

If I try to make a hands free call, Siri says “your phone is locked but I don’t advise you to unlock it while driving”. In other words I can‘t make an outbound call without looking at the phone or typing in the password.
I do not have the phone hooked up to the usb cable, so I’m not using CarPlay.

Thanks for your suggestions...

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know my android allows me to add "trusted devices" and when it connects to those devices via bluetooth it will always stay unlocked.
It's more likely your phone than the truck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My iPhone is paired up and works great with the 12” screen.
Question:
is it possible to over ride the IPhone auto lock-out when the phone is connected to the Bluetooth and Uconnect?

If I try to make a hands free call, Siri says “your phone is locked but I don’t advise you to unlock it while driving”. In other words I can‘t make an outbound call without looking at the phone or typing in the password.
I do not have the phone hooked up to the usb cable, so I’m not using CarPlay.

Thanks for your suggestions...

had have it ever happened before? May be is new updated O.S. causing problem.

slowjam

Reaction score
I think I found a setting where I had to enable "voice" dialing when the phone is locked. It doesn't not appear I can keep the phone unlocked if it is paired with the system, however I can now make calls without having to manually unlock the phone (also I'm not getting the message about phone being locked). The bottom line is It works now as it should!....

Users who are viewing this thread