5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iphone crack and pops with music

Xurinox

Reaction score
anyone experience cracks and pops with music playing ? sounds like the speakers are blown...... i have change the cable , i use the iphone on my other car and no issues, my wife iphone does the same , im beginning to think is a ucconect problem.. anyone had this issue?

azram520

Reaction score
I've had about 6 or 7 vehicles with carplay. I seen this before with some cables and or when I'm running google maps or something that strains the bandwith and playing music.
That being said I have not seen it with my limited 2020 and iphone xr yet. What iphone / ios version are you using?

cabinetchecker

Reaction score
anyone experience cracks and pops with music playing ? sounds like the speakers are blown...... i have change the cable , i use the iphone on my other car and no issues, my wife iphone does the same , im beginning to think is a ucconect problem.. anyone had this issue?
Is it possible you had a problem after you first attached a Android play then the Iphone?

Shives

Reaction score
This is a common issue hooking up to many 8.4 units. Please, so we can keep track... make sure you tag Mopar care, as well state what radio you have. 8.4 nag or non-nav. Blah blah blah. As a work around, use your Bluetooth for your audio. Turn you phone up to 90% volume and then play with the volume in truck. This has worked well. The sound quality is much better.

it is fact that @RamCares has issues with the USB passing clean audio. Programming or hardware is the question. I’ve seen it happen a lot with non-nav units. This also negates being able to use Apple car play and hear audio safely. This really should be a concern to @RAM or @RamCares (sorry if I’m tagging wrong)

OP please edit your post to include important details. Cable used (oem apple?) phone and what radio in truck. Thanks.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 Rebel with the uConnect 12. My phone is an iPhone 11. I honestly thought the speakers in my truck were blown, that’s exactly what it sounded like. Switched back to Bluetooth audio and Sirius and the sound is perfect. I tried 3 different iPhone cables included an OEM one. No change. Between that issue and the uConnect wireless hotspot bugs, those are my biggest frustrations with the truck. Everything else I love.

@RamCares

ChimneyJim

Reaction score
Check that your port doesn't have gunk in it. Use a toothpick or something non-conductive and check for pocket lint. It can cause the audio issues.

Users who are viewing this thread