5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone 6 silent when bluetoothed to truck

bassadict69

Reaction score
I am test driving a 2019 Laramie for a couple days and bluetoothed my iphone 6 with the truck this morning. I noticed that my phone did not ding when receiving text messages. I did not receive any calls so I do not know about if it would ring or not.

Is that normal? Is there a way to change it so I can audibly hear my phone ding with new messages?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yep it’s part of being setup with Bluetooth to the truck.... it gets annoying at times but you get used to it. When your phone rings it will ring through the radio. Hit the green phone icon on the steering wheel and it’ll answer and be hands free to talk. Red phone icon hangs up. Same buttons show up on the radio as well. Just FYI if you hit the phone itself to answer it won’t be handfree unless you force it to handoff back to the truck.

Zeeya

Reaction score
When set up, voice will announce “you have a new text message from xxxx” it gives you options on dash to listen to it or ignore it.
your phone will not make any sound when tied into Bluetooth. It will vibrate though.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I’ve only had the voice do that when plugged into CarPlay

Zeeya

Reaction score
I’ve only had the voice do that when plugged into CarPlay
I hardly use car play. Since nav works online now, I can tap voice button on left side of steering wheel and say “bass pro” and it will bring up nearest and ask to call or navigate. My wife uses car play and waze all the time.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I don’t use it either, just commenting that when using strictly Bluetooth the radio won’t tell me there’s a text.
I hardly use car play. Since nav works online now, I can tap voice button on left side of steering wheel and say “bass pro” and it will bring up nearest and ask to call or navigate. My wife uses car play and waze all the time.

GAscooter

Reaction score
Same as above. I usually plug in for Car Play. I like the voice to text and getting the phone charged at the same time. The hands free works great with Bluetooth, but you’re right about no text notification. Siri still works fine either way.

Users who are viewing this thread