5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 15 pro compatibility problems with uconnect5

turboramjet

Reaction score
I am able to connect my phone (iphone 15 pro) to the truck (2023 Ram 1500 Laramie) it works well for a while., but then after parking for 30 minutes and restarting the truck, the phone won’t fully reconnect.
the recent calls don’t display, and the messages don’t display. Screen show phone is connected.
Sometimes i can turn bluetooth on and off on my phone and it will fully reconnect, other times i get an error message stating phone is not compatible.

Any one else having problems? Or have a solution?

My iphone 15 pro is working now.
I enabled show notification slider in setting bluetooth unconnect
with show notifications off i get a feature not supported pop up message when selecting messages when on the phone app

IMG_5427.jpeg IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg IMG_5417.jpeg

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I havent used the Uconnect/phone integration much, but I have had only minor issues recently using CarPlay on a few different iPhones.

One issue I have is if I go out and start the truck my phone connects and CarPlay starts up. But say I forgot something and went back into the house my phone will disconnect and from sometimes it won’t reconnect without either restarting the truck or phone. It’s hard to say which end the issue is on as I have no other vehicles to compare it to.

Another issue, which has been nearly resolved by over the air updates is disconnects caused by interference in a few small towns I pass through from time to time. The connection cuts in and out until it drops completely unless I can get out of the problem area quickly.

If I physically connect the phone and disable wireless CarPlay these issues are gone completely.

GMetal

Reaction score
I have had that happen. I ended up restarting the phone and the radio. Once I had to delete the phone from the radio and re install it.

Users who are viewing this thread