5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 13 CarPlay

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the iOS 13 beta installed on their phone? I’d like to see if there were any changes to screen size with iOS 13? It shows more screen sizes for CarPlay but I fear it’s just for wider screens.

Dixit

Reaction score
I have iOS 13. It’s still half the screen when talking about the 12” screen. It just gives you more windows to view at once which still sucks for us cause it’s only using half the screen anyways on car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have iOS 13. It’s still half the screen when talking about the 12” screen. It just gives you more windows to view at once which still sucks for us cause it’s only using half the screen anyways on car play.
Does it give you any configuration options (e.g. target resolution)?

MascotteBear

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere where the manufacturers are the ones that have to adjust how much of the screen CarPlay takes up. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes forever to change or we see a change at all from FCA.

MascotteBear

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere where the manufacturers are the ones that have to adjust how much of the screen CarPlay takes up. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes forever to change or we see a change at all from FCA.

I stand corrected: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...carplay-ios-13-features-siri-design-wwdc-2019

“Apple announced CarPlay will be able to automatically adjust to more screen sizes and resolutions than it currently supports, too.”

So maybe in the public beta it’ll adjust, or maybe FCA will send another “improve CarPlay” update out.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for checking!

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty positive FCA will have to push an update to allow CarPlay to see the entire screen as usable. Right now it's likely only that small area up top. Don't know what they were thinking... relatively large screen, but the info on it is so small it's basically useless (except stock navigation which is decent) - the old 8.4 systems gave more real estate to on-screen content vs the current split screen design for CarPlay/AA. Hopefully it comes in the form of an OTA update, if it comes at all...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty positive FCA will have to push an update to allow CarPlay to see the entire screen as usable. Right now it's likely only that small area up top. Don't know what they were thinking... relatively large screen, but the info on it is so small it's basically useless (except stock navigation which is decent) - the old 8.4 systems gave more real estate to on-screen content vs the current split screen design for CarPlay/AA. Hopefully it comes in the form of an OTA update, if it comes at all...
We can only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread