5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invoice Pricing + Locked in Trade Value until Delivery

IowaRam

Reaction score
Hello All-

First off I am not affiliated with the dealer in anyway, however, the dealer did offer me a $100 referral bonus for anyone that mentions my name "Alex" from the forum and purchases a TRX with them.

I typically perform more due diligence than needed for any large financial transaction, but particularly when purchasing a new vehicle. For the last few months I have been in the market to purchase a new TRX. I currently drive a 2020 Ram Built-to-Serve which I am very happy with, but figured if I could take advantage of the inflated used car market while still ordering a TRX at a discount it would be a way to get into TRX without having a significant cost of ownership.

I have inquired with all the known discount TRX dealers, including Granger (5k), Same Leman (5k), Performance Dodge OH (5.5k) and Chapman (invoice - 4%). They were all very easy to work with and gave me no reason to indicate their deal wouldn't be executed as advertised. However, trading my current truck was what made the deals unworkable for me (particularly loosing the 2.5k tax credit. Iowa charges 5% sales tax, but any amount given on trade allowance is not taxed.) A few of these dealers would give me a trade allowance at time of delivery, but it was quite low given because they are "adjusting for market risk." A few of these dealers did not want to provide any trade allowance and would only evaluate the trade at time of delivery which puts myself at a fairly low point of leverage if they already have my deposit. I also inquired about whether I could trade now as I have other vehicles I can drive and the answer I received was that I would not receive the tax credit. I'm not sure if this is correct, seems like it could be papered in a appropriate manner to get the tax credit.

After failing to come to equitable terms with these dealerships, I decided my best approach was to sell my current truck privately and order a new TRX from Chapman at a little over 7500 off. I posted my truck on marketplace where the General Sales Manager, Dylan Deery, reached out to see if he could work something out for me and to get my truck in inventory. We had a pleasant conversation, I informed him of the research I had done including at what discount I could order a TRX. I pointed them to the forums as well. Long story short, Dylan offered me a very fair trade value and I get to keep my current truck until the new TRX comes, as well as invoice pricing, which on my order came to a little over 5k off. Further this saves my over 2k in tax credits. I my have been able to sell my truck, and order from Chapman and save 1-2k, but in this scenario I get to keep my current truck, not have to order out of state (fly there, drive back, etc.) so this transaction is much easier for me and I get to keep my business local and develop a relationship.

Dylan was very easy to work the on the deal, provided a signed purchase agreement which states the locked in trade value a time of delivery. I worked with Cody, the OP of this thread, to place the order and he was very knowledgeable and friendly.

I predict many others may be in a similar situation with trade and have been having trouble finding a dealer to discount as well as offer fair trade value at time of delivery. I believe I was the first person to work this deal out with Dan Deery and I told them I would make a post on the forums to let everyone about this great opportunity!

Dan Deery Motors in Waterloo, Iowa
Dylan Deery- General Sales Manager
Cody Suhr- Sales Consulatant
This is the email they are using to respond to TRX inquiries. [email protected]

I'd be happy to elaborate on my deal or the research I have done and appreciate anyone mentioning my name for referrals. Thanks in advance.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
glad to hear! ive seen a few on lots in the show room, when i asked to look at the inside one guy said look through the windows i laughed and said go get the manager! A hole! anyway, they are nice congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread