5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing E.W. Nelson: Olive Green 2021 1500 5.7 Quad Cab Bighorn 4x4 Off-Road

EWNelson

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

Glad to have finally found the time to sign up for 5thGenRams and begin using these forums as a resource as I embark on my first major truck project. I won't go into too much detail as this ain't about me, but I'm a veteran automotive journalist and have been reviewing, testing and generally hooning all manner of vehicles for nearly a decade. When I drove the 5th Gen RAM at the launch back in 2018 I was blown away with how good the truck was from Tradesman to Limited, and declared that if I had need of a truck in the coming years, I'd put my money where my mouth was and pick one up. Well, the time came this past year and in September I spec'd out my ideal pickup truck. A 6'4" bed, an extended cab, a cloth bench seat, a V8, 4WD, and some creature comforts for good measure(heated steering wheel, remote start, heated seats, infotainment screen). From what my friends at RAM told me, my truck is 1/1 with nobody else having chosen Olive Green Metallic over Tan cloth with the particular combination of options that I went with. There are some similar ones out there, but it's pretty cool to know Nelson is one of a kind. Ah, yeah if you're wondering about the name, it's a combined reference. Edward William Nelson was an naturalist from New England who(among other things) discovered the Desert Bighorn subspecies of Bighorn sheep that populate the intermountain and southwest of the U.S.. I'm also a big fan of Willie Nelson and the truck is green...so there you go.

Anyhow, I'll be on here with updates on the build which is off to a slow start due to product availability and shipping delays, but once it's rolling I'll be sure to share photos directly here, but will also share video links and social links when content goes up. For now, here are a few shots of Nelson on our inaugural roadtrip to Truckee, CA just a few days after he arrived.

And because I know people will ask, here's what's planned so far.

Short Term:
3.5" Lift and Level (still researching best option here due to factory off-road setup complication, suggestions welcome)
18x9 KMC KM544 Matte Bronze w/Black Lip
Toyo Open Country ATIII LT275/70R/18]
Mopar CAI
Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust
Blackout Trim

Long Term:
Custom black mesh grille, w/ classic Dodge Ram logo
Addictive Desert Designs Stealth Fighter Winch Front Bumper/Rear Bumper
Starter/Aux Battery
Red Arc Electronics Manager30
Super Pacific USA Switchback X1

-Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpg
    IMG_3723.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 61

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, and great color! If I were ordering one today that's the color I would get, and I'm sure the tan interior looks good with it

Users who are viewing this thread