5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro new member

syoder76

Reaction score
6/22/23 hey people , syoder76 here from NJ. I’m a retired military aircraft mechanic ( via contractor ,never “in the military “ ) . I do not know how to post nor am I well versed in navigating forums , but here we go. . . Been driving Rams for 20yrs now ( no towing, no off roading ) . Just picked up the 2023 1500 bighorn quad cab 5.7L , black night edition and I’m trying to learn about aftermarket tires , tires n wheels and 2” front levelers (loaded coiled struts ) . My stock wheels are the 20x9 five spoke six lug in black. Anyone know the offset and back space on those ? I can’t remove tires/rim to measure myself due to recent accident permanently injuring my back. I will also be asking things like tallest / widest tire size that I can fit on the stock rims as well as aftermarket wheels, if I can find out where on this forum to ask such opinions. For now , I have to stop here due to daily life obligations . Thank you in advance . - syoder76 6/22/23 , 7:03pm

danny0550_1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck. I personally go online and use one of those websites that sell wheels and tires. They'll asked you how your want your wheels to be set on your truck, e.i. stock, flush with fender or offset. In my case I didn't do anything too crazy. I just had my stock rims powered coated black and added a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. I'm like you, I don't use my truck to pull anything or to go off road.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. I see you bring a lot of mechanical knowledge. That's awesome. Enjoy the new ride. I love my Night Edition.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
Welcome, factory 20x9 Night Edition wheels have an offset of 19mm or about 5.75 inches of back spacing. As far as tires go, any reputable shop should be able to tell you haow much larger you can go on size without changing rims and causing interference issues.

syoder76

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck. I personally go online and use one of those websites that sell wheels and tires. They'll asked you how your want your wheels to be set on your truck, e.i. stock, flush with fender or offset. In my case I didn't do anything too crazy. I just had my stock rims powered coated black and added a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. I'm like you, I don't use my truck to pull anything or to go off road.
Thank you . . .6/26/23

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Once you get a little more comfortable navigating the forum, I’m sure everyone would appreciate a picture of your ride. Especially once you get the wheels set up to your liking!

Welcome to the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread