5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent Starting Issue - Click/ no start

Chystead

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealer this morning, only took them 30 minutes I’m guessing to find the problem cause the bill only came to $105 after tax, and that was with them testing my battery And doing a 360 inspection on filters, tires, etc.

They noted the connection from the battery at the starter wasn’t done correctly, and the nut used to secure the terminal to the starter wasn’t installed correctly. I Told the mechanic I work with who installed the starter and he seemed surprised, and a bit embarrassed, but seems to check out based on the issues I was having.

Sounds like same exact issue combee. The way my truck is cranking now sounds way better than It was. Just too bad it was such a silly mistake that should have been resolved when my starter was replaced. Just glad the dealership didn’t gouge me with the bill, and the tow to the dealership was free.

Users who are viewing this thread