5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent Hyperflash/Turn Signal Bulb Out Warning

Murphy5156

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 BH. It came from the factory with LED bulbs on most of the lights…I upgraded the cargo light bulbs to LED myself (but left the 3rd brake light bulb as stock halogen).

I have been getting intermittent hyperflash/“turn signal light out” warnings of late (usually the left front) but the bulbs are actually not blown out and the warning/hyperflash always goes away in a few minutes on its own.

Since all of the bulbs are factory-installed LEDs I’m guessing they aren’t the problem.

Is there any chance the non-OEM LED cargo bulbs I installed are somehow causing the false alarms with the LED turn signal bulbs?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The LED's headlights from the factory aren't bulbs. The factory LED's are a sealed housing that has a "lifetime" diode that cannot be replaced.

Either the dealership or a previous owner installed LED bulbs in the halogen housings that you have.

Murphy5156

Reaction score
Interesting…I hadn’t thought of that possibility…I bought the truck used and just assumed it came with LED from the factory…time to do a little more research and see what I actually have. Thanks!

Murphy5156

Reaction score
@Scram1500…looks like you were correct…I just took a look at the headlights and I can clearly see an LED bulb inserted into what appears to be the standard halogen socket…I also pulled the sticker from the truck and it specifies halogen headlights…so clearly the previous owner (or maybe the dealer) swapped out all the original halogen bulbs (front blinkers, front headlights, rear tail lights, even the license plate lights) with LEDs because this truck has LEDs everywhere.

So…I know you can use Alfa OBD (which I have) to tell the system that you have LEDs instead of halogen…I guess I’ll check later to see if those selections were made previously.

Im guessing it’s all the after market LEDs and the fact that they use less wattage than the OEM halogens thats’s causing my intermittent “front blinker bulb out” errors?

Murphy5156

Reaction score
56a327a0b54d6dea87e354436b0b3323.jpg

JoePoe

Reaction score
@Scram1500…looks like you were correct…I just took a look at the headlights and I can clearly see an LED bulb inserted into what appears to be the standard halogen socket…I also pulled the sticker from the truck and it specifies halogen headlights…so clearly the previous owner (or maybe the dealer) swapped out all the original halogen bulbs (front blinkers, front headlights, rear tail lights, even the license plate lights) with LEDs because this truck has LEDs everywhere.

So…I know you can use Alfa OBD (which I have) to tell the system that you have LEDs instead of halogen…I guess I’ll check later to see if those selections were made previously.

Im guessing it’s all the after market LEDs and the fact that they use less wattage than the OEM halogens thats’s causing my intermittent “front blinker bulb out” errors?
Were you able to get this figured out? I just swapped my halogens for LED's (full headlight swap) and now I get hyperflash on the dash and left mirror turn signal but my front and rears work fine, also getting the left front turn signal out message. I made all the changes in Alfa for LED I'm pretty sure...

Users who are viewing this thread