5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent engine ticking noise

nbenoit3

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So one day I brought my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie into the dealership to have them take a look at some noise I was hearing when turning. Found out it was rust on the top of my struts. They also ask if I wanted to do an oil change in the meantime, so I agreed to the oil change. After getting my car back, when I got back home I noticed by engine making this intermittent ticking noise, it doesn't sound like the normal hemi tick and it's weird that it happens intermittently but its consistent. No matter if I'm driving or at a stop, I hear this noise now. The dealership said that it might be my oil pump about to go out but because there is no check engine light, they can't do anything, so they told me to drive the car until a light comes on. Pretty ridiculous. So I'm really trying to find out where this sound might be coming from. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. You'll hear it start making the ticking noise about 6 seconds into the video.

Video: youtube.com/shorts/MIWou6T2Fn4

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a similar noise that was fixed with a software update. This only happened when turning. Reference the attached TSB at the dealer.

Attachments

• TSB 08-137-21 grinding sound.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 14

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would want to know exactly what oil they put in and what you were running prior as well...and check your oil level if you haven't yet. Don't take anything for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread