5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent bell sounds?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was an issue with Android Auto messing with the GPS info and Waze. What's funny is that Waze is owned by Google.
Not when it was happening in my work van and not using Android Auto.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
And the verdict is.......?

Well, so far I have found out what is not causing the issue:

1. Speed limit warnings from the Navigation; I get no indicators on the unit when the bells ring.
2. Phone plugged in or Bluetooth; I don't keep the phone plugged in and I get the sound when the phone is off.
3. XM music and following an artist or song; sound comes on with radio off.
4. Unread texts; I usually read my texts right as I receive them and pretty sure that is not the cause.
5. Using Waze; nope, don't use Waze.
6. Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) issues; don't think so as ANC comes from the rear speakers and the bell sounds come from the front.
7. Dealer installed insurance/inventory GPS tracker; I did not find anything attached to the ORB port (besides my AMP power steps) and bell sounds are a recent phenomena occurring way past the time since I purchased the truck and/or added the steps.
8. Hari Krishnas hanging out under the truck; none found...lol.
9. Merge warning from blind spot indicator; nope, as the the bell sounds come on when driving with no other vehicles or objects around.

I am amazed at all of the creative ideas and really appreciate everyone's input! This is turning into quite the puzzle for me to figure out.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Let's make it an even dozen suggestions:

10. Turn signal left on.
11. Kids toy jammed behind the seat.
12. The flashbacks they kept promising would come.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Let's make it an even dozen suggestions:

10. Turn signal left on.
11. Kids toy jammed behind the seat.
12. The flashbacks they kept promising would come.
Okay, you just triggered a flashback for me.

I remember now taking a Sienna van for a test drive after I'd done something to the brakes. I came to a stop and heard a mechanical grinding noise for a couple seconds. Then it stopped. Then it did it again when I stopped. I determined after several stops that it was coming from the rear. I pulled over and opened up the hatch and there was a stroller in back. I jiggled it and triggered the noise. Turns out it was some kind of robot toy underneath that got switched on when things slid forward. Nothing to do with anything I did. Whew. Talk about relief. I thought at first it was an ABS pump or something else horribly expensive and I was going to get blamed.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You can't hear them, they are silent. I couldn't hear them even before I added the new muffler. Unless I missed the loudness setting somewhere?
I haven't left them on in my Ram to find out but in some vehicles if you leave the signal on it will have a warning chime in the dash to remind you "hey, dummy, turn me off". It would be awesome if it actually said that.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I haven't left them on in my Ram to find out but in some vehicles if you leave the signal on it will have a warning chime in the dash to remind you "hey, dummy, turn me off". It would be awesome if it actually said that.
The Ram does that. I accidentally left it on and it told me.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife’s Mercedes will chime at the exact same spot every time.

You can drive down the other side of the street with no chime and turn around come back up the street 3….2…1….Ding.

Don’t know what RF radiation is coming off one of the houses or up through the road but it’s like clock work.

Users who are viewing this thread