5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Whistling Noise

Jaylon35

Reaction score
I JUST purchased this truck and I have 2 issues....
- Tailgate is too hard to close on the right side....But...I can live with that
- Whistling noise when I drive over 50 MPH is going to send me to a mental hospital. It is not a door, sunroof, or window seal. When I turn the recirculation button on and off, it stops for a while, but starts back up again. I turn the radio up to avoid it but I can still hear it in the background. It makes interstate driving SO FRUSTRATING. Before I take it to the dealership, can anyone give me an idea of what could be wrong? Thanks
2022 LIMITED 1500 Night Edition.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel for you. Noises affect me in the worst way too.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check the floor from underneath the truck near the back seat area. Sounds like a body hole isn't covered or a backseat bolt is loose

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Time to find a second person. They drive, you listen. You get to move around. Sit in the back, move side to side. Flip seats up and poke around on the carpet. @Scram1500 is right, there. Someone else discovered a body plug missing when the carpet started getting wet. Maybe sit in the passenger side. Pull out the glove box door like you want to replace the cabin filter and listen in there.

If you don't own one, get a mechanic's stethoscope. Remove the metal tip and stick a tube -- an empty bic pen works perfect -- in the hose and probe where you think it's coming from. Careful not to bang the pen tube hard against anything - it's deafening! It will amplify the faintest noise and you should be able to narrow it down to within just a couple inches.

Jaylon35

Reaction score
InterestingI did find a body plug on the floor under the rear passenger seat, but I can't for the life of me, find out where it goes.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where does it sound like the noise is coming from? Had a 2022 in last week with A pillar wind noise.

Jaylon35

Reaction score
Where does it sound like the noise is coming from? Had a 2022 in last week with A pillar wind noise.
Sounds like just all the vents up front. When I turn the recirculation button on and off, it stops for a while, then starts back up.

Jaylon35

Reaction score
They replaced the recirculation housing and it WORKS! I feel like I am driving my truck properly for the first time.

FIXED
Part Number Housing A 24028025

Hurrigator

Reaction score
So I hot wind noise from the passenger side A frame pillar for the first time today. Hit about 70 mph and it started. Could this be the same issue/solution as the OP?

JaylonW

Reaction score
So I hot wind noise from the passenger side A frame pillar for the first time today. Hit about 70 mph and it started. Could this be the same issue/solution as the OP?
Not sure...mine started at about 45-50 mph ....and u could hear the cabin air filter move when u press the recirc button...kinda like a thud. So if u dont hear that, it is probably different.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are several different causes to this issue. After a month without my truck and the dealer failing to fix the issue I dug into myself. I had holes in the sealant at the bottom of the A-Pillar, and I filled them with butyl. No whistle anymore. See my old post about it:

Jredman1982

Reaction score
They replaced the recirculation housing and it WORKS! I feel like I am driving my truck properly for the first time.

FIXED
Part Number Housing A 24028025
This damn ram is WHISTLING DIXIE!! I am posting audio of my whistle sound. Let me know if yours sounded like this. And if the recirculation housing worked. Mine gets loudest when I choose A/C and recirc at the same time.

*how do I post an audio clip??

Jredman1982

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/