5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Squeak

Jims380da

Reaction score
2020 Laramie crew cab had developed a squeak somewhere inside cabin thats driving me crazy! Started at about 35K miles. I lubricated every moving part I can think of inside the truck. Seat tracks, hinges, rear seats, emptied all storage compartments etc... everything seems covered. Any ideas for me? Thanks

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
When do you hear the squeak? Does it sound like it's coming from somewhere specific? Is it inside the cab or outside the cab?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Sounds like you need to take someone along for a ride. Someone agile, who can hop from the front seat to the back if needed while in motion. And maybe small, because its easier for them to get down on the floorboards. Once you locate the area, finding and fixing the squeak ought to be easy.

Jims380da

Reaction score
When do you hear the squeak? Does it sound like it's coming from somewhere specific? Is it inside the cab or outside the cab?
Yes, sounds like somewhere between the seats. My ear is picking up passenger side. everything with center council seems nice and tight

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes, sounds like somewhere between the seats. My ear is picking up passenger side. everything with center council seems nice and tight
Whan are you hearing the squeak? As @Richard320 mentioned above, get someone to either drive the truck and you start searching for the squeak or vise versa.

Kianusch

Reaction score
I had the squeak on mine too. It was the seatbelt when I was wearing it. The seatbelt-roller squeaked. I sprayed it with silicone spray and the noise was gone.

Jims380da

Reaction score
I had the squeak on mine too. It was the seatbelt when I was wearing it. The seatbelt-roller squeaked. I sprayed it with silicone spray and the noise was gone.
I'll give a try. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread