5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior sound & etorque question

Canada Mike

Reaction score
First time poster, long time visitor
Great site and I have learned lots already from great members and I really appreciate the time and effort put forward by all of you.
Wondering if there is any or significant db level from a sport to the Laramie, In Canada I believe we have the sport but in general is there more or less sound deadening on the models?
Also wondering if there is any word if the etorque will be added to more models in time. Again i'm aiming towards the Canadian Sport model but at this time its only regular Hemi offered. I'm not in a rush with my intentions of ordering early 2019.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
According to the Canadian brochure that I have the Etorque will be available for the Sport. Who knows when though. I am waiting to order a Rebel with one. Hoping sometime this month. I did get the dealer to put it down in writing for $500(same price as Longhorn and Limited) so if it's more it's going to come out of their pocket and not mine.

DeanKing

Reaction score
According to the Canadian brochure that I have the Etorque will be available for the Sport. Who knows when though. I am waiting to order a Rebel with one. Hoping sometime this month. I did get the dealer to put it down in writing for $500(same price as Longhorn and Limited) so if it's more it's going to come out of their pocket and not mine.
Sorry to bring you bad news but another thread on here said no one can order the etorque 5.7 until next year. No explanation why but people have suggested maybe FCA exceeded their sales projections causing some kind of shortage. Maybe Canada has their own supply.

Canada Mike

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer today and he indicated he could order me a sport with the eTorque
Not sure as stated if we in Canada have a secret stash
Hopefully find out next week if we can make a deal

DeanKing

Reaction score
That’s what all the trade hubbub was about:: etorque engines :)

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the radio presets. If you have them set, is there a way to scroll through the resets using steering wheel controls? I tried this but it did not work.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the radio presets. If you have them set, is there a way to scroll through the resets using steering wheel controls? I tried this but it did not work.

On my 2017 Big Horn, I can use the steering wheel controls (on the back) to scroll through my presets. I'm not sure if the 2019's are the same design, but you have the rocker switch (not sure if that's the correct name) for up and down, but then there's a button in the middle of that switch. Pushing that center button on the left switch should cycle through your presets. It at least does on the 2017's. Hopefully that helps!

xo151

Reaction score
On my 2017 Big Horn, I can use the steering wheel controls (on the back) to scroll through my presets. I'm not sure if the 2019's are the same design, but you have the rocker switch (not sure if that's the correct name) for up and down, but then there's a button in the middle of that switch. Pushing that center button on the left switch should cycle through your presets. It at least does on the 2017's. Hopefully that helps!
Thank you for pointing this out. I had no idea that middle button was there until now.

ponypride

Reaction score
I will have to check, but I believe that middle button only cycles between modes: AM, FM, XM, etc.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will have to check, but I believe that middle button only cycles between modes: AM, FM, XM, etc.

On the 2017, the middle button on the right side cycles between modes. The middle on the left cycles between presets.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...Wondering if there is any or significant db level from a sport to the Laramie, In Canada I believe we have the sport but in general is there more or less sound deadening on the models.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

I don't think you received an answer on this question. In the early years of the 4th gen, Laramie and up got sound reducing instrument padding (underside). By 2014, they all received it (my 2014 Big Horn had it).

I've now driven 2019 Big Horn, Laramie, and Limited and I can't tell the difference in sound. They've all seemed exceptionally quiet.

Don't know about the Tradesman.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 004357 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread