5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior quality

Reaction score
Just finished my radar install and since I am picky, I ended up pulling a lot of panels and poking around to get the unit where I wanted it. My radar also has a remote switch, so that had to be mounted as well. Observations:

1. This was harder to do as compared to my GMC because the head liner fits so much tighter on the Ram, making it more difficult to snake the cord through. I see this as a positive with regard to design and quality.
2. The panels on the interior of the truck have nylon clips instead of the old school aluminum ones. They are a bit easier to remove and when reinstalling them, they slide nicely back into place with a smooth "pop". I think this is a major reason why these trucks are so quiet. I damn near broke one of my GM panels getting it off because the tab would not let go. It rattled, but was loose and a ***** to remove.
3. There are number of bumper pads and pieces of insulation on the back of some of these panels, again, one of the reasons they are so quiet.

I know these are little things, but as a boater, you can tell a lot about the care and attention to detail by crawling below decks. I feel the same way about vehicles and have to say I was pleased with what I found in my Ram.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished my radar install and since I am picky, I ended up pulling a lot of panels and poking around to get the unit where I wanted it. My radar also has a remote switch, so that had to be mounted as well. Observations:

1. This was harder to do as compared to my GMC because the head liner fits so much tighter on the Ram, making it more difficult to snake the cord through. I see this as a positive with regard to design and quality.
2. The panels on the interior of the truck have nylon clips instead of the old school aluminum ones. They are a bit easier to remove and when reinstalling them, they slide nicely back into place with a smooth "pop". I think this is a major reason why these trucks are so quiet. I damn near broke one of my GM panels getting it off because the tab would not let go. It rattled, but was loose and a ***** to remove.
3. There are number of bumper pads and pieces of insulation on the back of some of these panels, again, one of the reasons they are so quiet.

I know these are little things, but as a boater, you can tell a lot about the care and attention to detail by crawling below decks. I feel the same way about vehicles and have to say I was pleased with what I found in my Ram.

The Ram engineers and designers really upped their game on the 2019 interiors, not just with assembly, but in the quality of materials. I've heard "oh my God," a few times along with open mouths and "jeez, what an interior." Of course mine is the Mountain Brown which looks a lot like real leather and pops better than the black.

I have now been in a 2018 version of Silverado and F-150. The Ram is really a stunning difference in approach, style, and sophistication.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003075 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread