5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Panel Trim Clips

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these trim clips?

I stripped my interior to install stereo and some of the panels popped off no problem where the metal clip came out and remained attached to the plastic panel ( think this is how they are supposed to work). Some of the panels popped loose and left the metal clip stuck in the truck. I can get the clips out, but the way they are designed they will not snap back onto the panel.

Anyone familiar with these? Do I need to get new clips to replace these? Any help is greatly appreciated.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these trim clips?

I stripped my interior to install stereo and some of the panels popped off no problem where the metal clip came out and remained attached to the plastic panel ( think this is how they are supposed to work). Some of the panels popped loose and left the metal clip stuck in the truck. I can get the clips out, but the way they are designed they will not snap back onto the panel.

Anyone familiar with these? Do I need to get new clips to replace these? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pull them out and push them back onto the plastic tabs on your panel. Be careful not to break the tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkygreen

Reaction score
They are a bear. The metal spikes/prongs that hold them to the panel bend the wrong direction when they get stuck in the truck.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers and was able to bend the spikes back into a shape that would allow the metal clip to fit back on the plastic panel tab, but I did break a tab messing with them and ruined a couple of the clips.

thanks for the feedback.

whetrick1

Reaction score
They are a bear. The metal spikes/prongs that hold them to the panel bend the wrong direction when they get stuck in the truck.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers and was able to bend the spikes back into a shape that would allow the metal clip to fit back on the plastic panel tab, but I did break a tab messing with them and ruined a couple of the clips.

thanks for the feedback.

It happens. Those tabs bite into the plastic tabs and I've broke them when pulling the plastic trim before. I don't know why they would use clips like that because they break the tabs so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big White RAM

Reaction score
You can glue the plastic tabs back onto the panels using "Ambroid Pro Weld". This is a clear liquid adhesive that actually "welds" the plastic when applied to two parts held together, by capillary action. I've been using it for decades with excellent results.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
You can glue the plastic tabs back onto the panels using "Ambroid Pro Weld". This is a clear liquid adhesive that actually "welds" the plastic when applied to two parts held together, by capillary action. I've been using it for decades with excellent results.
Thanks for the tip. Ill save the broken tabs and try to order some

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Glad to help. Years ago, when I was into model RC cars, it was the "go to" product for quick repairs after an unfortunate crash! Just dry fit, and hold the pieces together to be repaired; then apply sparingly using the brush attached to the cap. The liquid will be drawn into the crack; continue to hold for 10 seconds and it's done. Like a weld, the repair is stronger than the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread