5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior overhead lighting wires

rrt5th

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2019 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 after selling my 2013 Ram 1500. I had a Valentine 1 radar detector mounted up by the sun visor that was spliced into the power wire for the sliding rear glass window switch in the 2013 Ram. For this truck, I am trying to tap into the power wire for the interior overhead lights to power the radar detector. I have searched this forum as well as the internet and cannot figure out which wire is the hot wire. Maybe the info is out there but I cant read wiring diagrams either. I was curious if anyone here knows which is which. I've posted a picture for reference. Any help is appreciated!

IMG_2779[1185].jpg

drbobvs

Reaction score
Unless you can find a schematic, I think you'll need a multimeter to figure it out

Skater

Reaction score
As long as you got it, great. For others, post #57 in this thread may help to wire into active windshield wipers:

Users who are viewing this thread