5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lights?

Gusman4

Reaction score
So I was wondering what interior lights are rebels supposed to have? I’m talking about the interior night time lights that you can brighten and dim So it not pitch black in cab. I only have the center light shining down on the center storage compartment. Are we supposed to have more?

TimG

Reaction score
That's the only one I have. But, with the brightness of the 8.4, I haven't really seen the need for anything additional. Honestly, I find myself dimming the screen because it makes the interior too bright.

Micko24

Reaction score
I think the early rebel 2019 have it, but not the 2020. I was a little bit surprised and somewhat disappointed to find out that my 2020 rebel 12 didn’t have it.

varnerme

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel 12 and there are several inside lights? Maybe I'm not following this? I also have the panoramic sunroof. There are 2 LEDS in the front overhead console in front of the sunroof and there are a couple in the back on the sides. Of course these are only on if a door is open or if the button is pushed in the overhead console. Are you referring to other lights?

Gusman4

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel 12 and there are several inside lights? Maybe I'm not following this? I also have the panoramic sunroof. There are 2 LEDS in the front overhead console in front of the sunroof and there are a couple in the back on the sides. Of course these are only on if a door is open or if the button is pushed in the overhead console. Are you referring to other lights?
Yes there are dim/dimmable led lights in a few locations that are independent of the door open lights that are supposed to give dim light inside the cab at night. The switch/wheel is just to left if the steering column. There Other trim levels seem to have these lights in more places than rebels.

Last edited:

Neokane

Reaction score
I can't tell you for sure the number of lights, but on my 19 rebel, I have foot-well light, and a center console light that is dim but lights up the storage in the center. Not sure about in the back.. I don't ride back there ;)

Gusman4

Reaction score
I can't tell you for sure the number of lights, but on my 19 rebel, I have foot-well light, and a center console light that is dim but lights up the storage in the center. Not sure about in the back.. I don't ride back there ;)
Thanks neokane, I only have the center console lights not the footwell lights. The quality control on these 2019 rams seems well not so good! This is my first ram truck and although I really love driving it, I am appalled by how many little things are broken, not there or improperly installed. It’s mind boggling that a truck this expensive can be this shoddily put together. Add another thing to my list of things that I paid for that don’t work. As frustrating/incompetent as dealerships are most of these little things will never be addressed.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Your question has more than one answer. Different Rebel trucks will have different lighting. If you have the Panoramic Roof you get an LED package that comes with it that the standard Rebels do not. Best bet is to get the build sheet for your truck and see if it is missing or if you have exactly what the build sheet calls out.

Last edited:

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Mine only has the center console light, no footwell light.

That center console with the 8.4 is more than enough in the dark, even with them dimmed to the lowest I've found.

Neokane

Reaction score
Sorry, yes I have a rebel 12 package with pano sunroof. The only incandescent bulbs in the truck are the vanity lights.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I have footwell lights in my 20 rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YawnY

Reaction score
I have a 19 with no sunroof and level 2. Mine has the little light shining down on the center console and foot well lights.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Rebel 12 with Pano Roof and Level 2 package. I have the foot well lights and the center console light. Maybe the foot well lights are a Level 2 thing?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Rebel with 8.4" screen, one single overhead led that is dimmed by that switch. Can't see it unless its really dark.

Not sure about footwell lights, I'll check later.

Extole

Reaction score
I have the footwell lights that dim with the dash lights.
do those footwell lights stay on while in drive too? I also have footwell lights but they are only entry exit.,would be nice to keep them on. Wonder if their is a wire i could bypass to have it stay lit

Users who are viewing this thread