5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Lights - Don't turn on when shutting truck off

STI_MECE

Reaction score
So I find this a bit perplexing. I can unlock my truck open the door, get in, close the door and the interior lights stay on for a bit.

I get to where I'm going shut truck off and the only way I can get the damn interior lights to come on is by opening the door.

Am I missing something? Seriously, it's driving me nuts. The logic in that, Id love to slap one of the ram engineer's.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've owned more than 40 cars and trucks in my life, and I can't remember a single one that turned on the interior lights when the engine is shut off. It's definitely normal.

STI_MECE

Reaction score
I guess it just became more obvious to me than before because of the center console. All my stuff is black, face mask, phone and wallet. I also have to feel around.

Oh well. I was hoping there was something I missed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've owned more than 40 cars and trucks in my life, and I can't remember a single one that turned on the interior lights when the engine is shut off. It's definitely normal.

My silverados, and focus did/do.

I was kinda shocked the ram doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STI_MECE

Reaction score
My 21 Mercedes G63 does it but that isn't a fair comparison lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There should be a button in the overhead and turns all of the interior lighting on, full-blast, at once. Once you get muscle-memory for where it is, should be easy enough to activate it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My silverados, and focus did/do.

I was kinda shocked the ram doesn’t

I never owned a Focus, but I've owned several Silverado's, and none of them did that. Here are the model year Silvy's I've owned, and on all of they I had to open the door before the interior lights came on:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine were 2008/15/17.

I also did some diode trickery, but to be honest I can’t complete remember if that was it or not. Since it’s been years since I messed with them. I do know my focus still does it, since I drove it this morning after seeing this

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a setting for that in the uconnect screens. It's not something I'd want, but with all the tech in these trucks it would be easy to add that setting for people who want it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all previous cars i owned, interior light will come On as soon i turn the car off, suck that RAM don't have this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread