5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lighting (ambient and overhead)

Cerebral314

Reaction score
I love the ambient lighting in my 24 limited but wish I could change the color so I ordered the Oracle RGB led light kit.
It comes with lights for the dash on either side of the steering wheel but I noticed my truck doesn't have them there. (see pics)
Did RAM cheap out and stop including them or did they not get installed in my truck by accident? I figure I can install the RGB lights anyway, but was just curious if all limiteds are like this

Also, I noticed on the overhead lighting that there are these lenses, (see pic) but they dont light up. is that normal? seems odd to have lenses that don't function.

Attachments

• Right Dash.jpg
    Right Dash.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Left Dash.jpg
    Left Dash.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 32
  • overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 32

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I noticed on the overhead lighting that there are these lenses, (see pic) but they dont light up. is that normal? seems odd to have lenses that don't function.
Try pushing the switches with light symbols, see if they turn on the lights. Maybe your illuminated entry is turned off?

Last edited:

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the ambient lighting in my 24 limited but wish I could change the color so I ordered the Oracle RGB led light kit.
It comes with lights for the dash on either side of the steering wheel but I noticed my truck doesn't have them there. (see pics)
Did RAM cheap out and stop including them or did they not get installed in my truck by accident? I figure I can install the RGB lights anyway, but was just curious if all limiteds are like this

wait - we are supposed to have ambient lighting there where you have the circles? I somehow don't drive much at night - that will change with time change coming - so haven't noticed. If you say Yes I will run out and take a look.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score

for the lights on the top push the light itself or the switches that turn them on and off and close the door that shoud work. as for the ambient lighting around the steering wheel im not sure b.c im poor and cant afford a limited. i know the big horn on has lighting for the footwell and over head light for the cup holders/center console.

soccerclaude

Reaction score
You need these 2 parts, I have a Sport model that did not come with the ambient lighting also so I brought these 2 parts with the oracle kit.

Lamp - Mopar (68312667AC)​

Courtesy Lamp - Mopar (68291948AC)​

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

My 24 Limited is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread