5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior light setting after vehicle is turned off

Kryder

Reaction score
In all my previous vehicles I have had everyone had a setting that turned on the interior lights after the vehicle is turned off. I currently have a 2020 Ram sport 1500 and when I turn my truck off at night I do not have any interior lights. I can manually turn the cab lights on by pressing the button on the overhead console but its a pain to do it. There has to be a setting that allows the cab lights to come on until I exit the truck and close the door or lock it??

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Look where the light switch is there should be 2 rotator buttons.

1 for the dash lights and the othe one for the interior lights.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look where the light switch is there should be 2 rotator buttons.

1 for the dash lights and the othe one for the interior lights.
The two rotary switches are not as you described above. One is for the dash (as you stated), the second is for the ambient lighting on the floor, dash and door panels. The switch in the overhead console will turn the interior lights on and off;)

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have that same issue.when i turn my truck off and get ready to exit.no interior light come on like on my previous trucks(GM).i have to open the door.i asked a dealer about that.he said nun of the "Rams"has that feature....whato_Oo_O😲?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
i have that same issue.when i turn my truck off and get ready to exit.no interior light come on like on my previous trucks(GM).i have to open the door.i asked a dealer about that.he said nun of the "Rams"has that feature....whato_Oo_O😲?
And what position is the switch that controls the DOOR LIGHTING in your upper console??? Are you sure you have the button in the "ON" position??? Just checking.....

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And what position is the switch that controls the DOOR LIGHTING in your upper console??? Are you sure you have the button in the "ON" position??? Just checking.....
Hmm🤔?..thank you i will do that👍! its the left button right? 🤔

Attachments

• 20201213_145434_InPixio.jpg
    20201213_145434_InPixio.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well guys just came in from the truck.and i press that "On"button.but the light stays on 😲 !

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wrong button. There are two right next to each other. One turns them on and they stay on. The other controls the lights via the doors.
hey tried it again and still nothing.only comes on when i open the door.i think if you have the "Rebel" like my that feature is not there.thanks for the tips though (y)

Users who are viewing this thread