5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Leather Treatment

TBMSport

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What products and procedures are you all using for your leather interior?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carpro Leather to do a ceramic coating over the existing coating from the factory.

Warm water and mild soap/detergent diluted will clean anything other than major stains.

Carpro Perl for vinyl/rubber diluted to interior specs.

Sherran

Reaction score
Dilute APC to a mild strength for anything other than major stains like Timeless said above. I use Meguiar's all purpose cleaner diluted 10:1 as a medium strength so it could be diluted even further.

I use Aerospace 303 for UV protection on most interior surfaces (shouldn't use it on unfinished leather), exterior plastic trim, as a tire dressing, plastic engine parts, etc. and love it. I apply it every month when I do my unnecessary full interior deep clean.

Once my 303 is empty I will be trying out Carpro Perl as I've heard tons of great things about it and I want to compare it to 303.

dtlrshp

Reaction score
Steam cleamed th 2020-08-18 09.16.42-1.jpg em the first week I got the car and installed CS2 leather coating, and Optiguard Fabric

TBMSport

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What keeps that new car leather smell? Is moisturizing still necessary?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What keeps that new car leather smell? Is moisturizing still necessary?

Not sure how moisturizing would do any good as the leather has a coating that would prevent it from getting to the leather....at least on the seats. Not totally sure about the dash/door trim areas but would imagine the same. Most good leather cleaners/conditioners have a nice leather smell to them. I really like Chemical Guys leather cleaner protectant.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most leather cleaners/conditioners are going to have some oils (conditioners) in them. Lukewarm water with a mild detergent would be the best cleaner but will not have any conditioner.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased some MOPAR products.. Haven’t used them yet. One is called total clean, and the other is a leather/Vinyl conditioner.. These seats aren’t real leather anyway correct? What is the dash made of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased some MOPAR products.. Haven’t used them yet. One is called total clean, and the other is a leather/Vinyl conditioner.. These seats aren’t real leather anyway correct? What is the dash made of?

I don't see what trim level truck you have but it is real leather in the Limited and Longhorn for sure.

Not sure about the Laramie. There are threads on here talking about it if you search.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For seats I have switched to Griot's Garage cleaner/conditioner about a year ago. It conditions and does not leave a greasy film.
The best part is the amazing leather smell it leaves behind.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see what trim level truck you have but it is real leather in the Limited and Longhorn for sure.

Not sure about the Laramie. There are threads on here talking about it if you search.

2020 Rebel sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Rebel sorry

Might want to add those details to your profile or signature...also put your location in your profile.

I'm sure someone will respond about the Rebel. I have no idea but suspect it is leatherette in places and leather in others.

Users who are viewing this thread