5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Door Lock Button Question

U

User_34235

I have 3 Jeeps and they all are the same in regards to the locking switch on the door arm rest. If you sit in the driver seat and look at the locking switch, the lock button is closest to the inside of the Jeep while the unlock button is on the other side nearest the door. This is repeated on the passenger seat with the lock button closest to the inside of the Jeep while the unlock is near the door.

Now moving to the 21 RAM Bighorn it really confused me when I went to lock it from the passenger side. The door lock switch is mirrored to the driver side. Now on the passenger side the unlock button is on the inside nearest the passenger while the lock is nearest the door.

Bottom line i am wondering if this is normal.? I spent years locking the door of the Jeeps one way and this is really throwing me off as I continually unlock it when I am meaning to lock it.
Thanks all

Tomcat68

Reaction score
Same here. My wife's 2018 Pacifica is the same, lock is on the inside, unlock in the outside. Threw me off the first time I went to lock the doors in my Ram.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

U

User_34235

Thanks Tomcat....I wasn't sure if this was normal. Very frustrating to me as I can't tell you the number of times I have unlocked the door instead of locking it.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yes it’s normal and the answer why is simple... it’s the exact same switch on both sides. In order to save money making and stocking two identical switches with different printing on the face they just use the same one on both sides. Saves a few cents on the cost to build them.

U

User_34235

Yes it’s normal and the answer why is simple... it’s the exact same switch on both sides. In order to save money making and stocking two identical switches with different printing on the face they just use the same one on both sides. Saves a few cents on the cost to build them.
That's kind of what I thought too... just hard to get used to.....lol

Users who are viewing this thread