5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

interior door handle

silverbullet

Reaction score
I don't think I've read anyone comment on the interior door handles of the truck. I guess when it's such a great interior you get a chance to really get into first world stuff. First time I grabbed it I was disappointed that it was plastic. Looks good. Feels okay, not great. I'm sure it will hold up and all of that....You guys that have had a lot of trucks...is that a common thing?

79 300

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too. The handle was metal in my 2013. It is all part of the weight saving effort, and probably the cost cutting too. I work for a plastic extrusion company and a lot of our business is from customers wanting to replace existing metal parts with plastic.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think I've read anyone comment on the interior door handles of the truck. I guess when it's such a great interior you get a chance to really get into first world stuff. First time I grabbed it I was disappointed that it was plastic. Looks good. Feels okay, not great. I'm sure it will hold up and all of that....You guys that have had a lot of trucks...is that a common thing?

If an aftermarket company were to come up with matching aluminum handles I would probably wave my credit card in their direction...

Users who are viewing this thread