5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior care

Dlr121

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for interior care. What is everyone using on leather seats and dashes? I'm on my 4th ram truck (97,03,09,19) and every gen has gotten better and better. Can't say enough about my 19.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for interior care. What is everyone using on leather seats and dashes? I'm on my 4th ram truck (97,03,09,19) and every gen has gotten better and better. Can't say enough about my 19.
I use their cleaner, conditioner and serum. I have the horse hair brush and MF towel for scrubbing/cleaning, the applicator for conditioning and another applicator for the serum. I wipe down any excess with an additional MF towel. Same procedure for this truck as my Alfa Romeo. Keeps the cracks in the leather away as long as possible.
You can wash the towels and the applicators with a MF towel detergent.

They have another product for the dash and all other materials on the door panels, etc. I use it and a quick detailer.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Recently, I have been following manufacturer directions and using mild dish soap and water with microfibers (helps get rid of body oils and dirt). Every other cleaning or so I have been using the lexol conditioner. On non-leather surfaces I recently have been using griots interior cleaner. I like how it does not leave any residue. I personally can't stand slicky or sticky surfaces from products post-application.

AMG16

Reaction score
I love using the McKee’s 70/30 cleaner and conditioner. I follow that up with their leather guard to seal it. When I maintenance wash I just wipe it down with a interior Detailer.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I ceramic coated the interior leather and textiles when brand new. There are a few decent products available. So far has greatly reduced dust accumulation and carpets vacuum up easily. Only thing I do is vac and wipe down with Einzett interior cleaner gently.

Nightmare90gt

Reaction score
Recently, I have been following manufacturer directions and using mild dish soap and water with microfibers (helps get rid of body oils and dirt). Every other cleaning or so I have been using the lexol conditioner. On non-leather surfaces I recently have been using griots interior cleaner. I like how it does not leave any residue. I personally can't stand slicky or sticky surfaces from products post-application.
What dish soap do you use. I was thinking about baby shampoo but dunno if that would work.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For light cleaning, I use a lightly damp microfiber towel and wipe all the dust off the dash and interior plastics.

For UV Protection, I use Meguiar's Natural Shine once in a while. Smell nice as well. However, please avoid Meguiar's Ultimate Interior Detailer, smells like slightly sweet vomit, you have been warned.

For fabric and just about anything else, I use Armorall Cleaning Wipes. Gentle on any fabric, carpet or headliner, but strong enough to remove chocolate and makeup from interior fabrics. Saved my bacon many times on removing hard stains from delicate fabrics. Also great on cleaning old dusty stuff that gets sticky, like china plates/cups you had sitting on a shelf for a long time. Amazing cleaner.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What dish soap do you use. I was thinking about baby shampoo but dunno if that would work.
Baby shampoo would definitely work. It should get the body oils out of the leather and it has to PH safe in terms of acidity. I just use a dollar store generic dish soap marketed safe on hands. It's more diluted and neutral compared to some of the more advanced dish soaps that claim advanced cleaning. I got mine at Dollar general but I couldn't tell you the label name. If you want me to check on the name, let me know.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Filtered water and clean 100% cotton towels (with the edges and tags removed). Never use chemicals on the inside of any of my vehicles.

BlckDT

Reaction score
For fabric and just about anything else, I use Armorall Cleaning Wipes. Gentle on any fabric, carpet or headliner, but strong enough to remove chocolate and makeup from interior fabrics. Saved my bacon many times on removing hard stains from delicate fabrics. Also great on cleaning old dusty stuff that gets sticky, like china plates/cups you had sitting on a shelf for a long time. Amazing cleaner.

Thanks for sharing! I have the prem. cloth interior on my Bighorn and want to keep it as clean as possible. Sometime I find puff crumbs (1 year old) in the back or semi crushed into the floor.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I have the prem. cloth interior on my Bighorn and want to keep it as clean as possible. Sometime I find puff crumbs (1 year old) in the back or semi crushed into the floor.

It's great stuff, I leave a canister of wipes it in my truck at all times. The only thing I had an issue removing off a seat was a black oil grease mark on a grey fabric seat. It took a few applications, but I eventually got it off. It will also remove old stains you had sitting there for a while, but gentle enough to use on headliner.

Dlr121

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I went with chemical guys. I used the leather cleaner and the horse hair brush and I have to say after swiping it off with microfiber towel I can't believe how dirty it was. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread