5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting finds behind back seat

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where does that seal go? Been trying to figure that out

Between cab and bed as low as possible. If you look down between cab and bed you can see it just above the gas tank.
It matches the vertical black seals on each side.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Was able to reach up and seat the plug all the way. Will check the carpet after the next rain. Thanks for the help Ram fans. IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0083.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was able to reach up and seat the plug all the way. Will check the carpet after the next rain. Thanks for the help Ram fans. View attachment 21771 View attachment 21772 View attachment 21773
Sounds to me like you were pulling on the loops on top of the seat near the headrest. If so...Those are for Car Seats. The loops you need to pull are located behind the seat back, and release fairly easily by reclining the seats all the way, folding down the center console, and pulling the thin string-like lanyard.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
I really need this video. I can't get the seats to release no matter how hard and which loop I pull on! My passenger side drain plug is not properly seated. Thanks.

It's finally stopped raining after multiple days! I'll see if I can do it today... cheers

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you were pulling on the loops on top of the seat near the headrest. If so...Those are for Car Seats. The loops you need to pull are located behind the seat back, and release fairly easily by reclining the seats all the way, folding down the center console, and pulling the thin string-like lanyard.
I knew it would be a 'Doh' moment. Thanks.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Between cab and bed as low as possible. If you look down between cab and bed you can see it just above the gas tank.
It matches the vertical black seals on each side.

This is funny but 4th gen guys wanted to remove the seal because it wore paint off and they were concerned about rust. Now 5th gens it was removed but guys want it back on to reduce dust and noise.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
If anyone would like to give feedback on whether this process works on their trim level / seat type then I'll update the description in the vid for other people who come across it

RAMpage

Reaction score
Well I’m glad I found this thread... I remember seeing it before I got my replacement truck so I made a reminder to check the sunroof drain grommets and they were just fine until I played with one of them a tad too much and it popped out! Grrrrr!!
It’s a Rebel so the back seat does not come forward easy but luckily by lowering the truck all the way and squeezing my gut under the running board I was able to reach up and get it back in. Thanks to all for the pics and vids in here :)

Users who are viewing this thread