5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Find Regarding Interior LED

KRField

Reaction score
Walking the dealer lot today waiting on service I noticed something interesting.

My Bighorn has standard halogen interior lights (I changed all bulbs to LED). It seems that if you get the panoramic sunroof you get LED interior lighting. This was on a Bighorn.

Given history of sunroofs with this truck, and sunroofs in general leaking I would rather replaces lights than anticipate a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score
Here is a new one on the lot with pano roof and closed leaking inside.

82438bbf288b675c95e77631a533c53e.jpg
492c892b977b760128b49b0d8aa5eaaf.jpg
b7e0eacc9d4c7b592dab6f7c455248a2.jpg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At some point sunroofs have issues leaking wether with seal issues or drain tubes.

It’s documented on this forum that there are drain tube issuea

Drain tubes were an 'issue' on some pre-September builds... I don't recall any mention of actual seals leaking.

Do you have an actual percentage of vehicles with Pano roof that have experienced drain tube leaks.
Out of that percentage how many were pre-September vs post-September builds?
Is the number statistically significant or within the norm?

Wandering around one dealer lot does not a 'history' make... sorry.

KRField

Reaction score
Drain tubes were an 'issue' on some pre-September builds... I don't recall any mention of actual seals leaking.

Do you have an actual percentage of vehicles with Pano roof that have experienced drain tube leaks.
Out of that percentage how many were pre-September vs post-September builds?
Is the number statistically significant or within the norm?

Wandering around one dealer lot does not a 'history' make... sorry.

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “history” for you. They are well documented sources of being leak prone, as are the CHSML’s.

I choose not have one for those reasons. The one on the lot was observation and maybe an isolated issue, and it may not be. I could have trash in the track or around the seals. Also how many people have issues that aren’t aware they do. We will never know. I know there are people that only go to the net with issues so it can be skewed.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fwiw, my big horn / pano truck appears to have leds in the head liner (at least they are bright white) but I had incandescents in the driver and pass foot well.

KRField

Reaction score
fwiw, my big horn / pano truck appears to have leds in the head liner (at least they are bright white) but I had incandescents in the driver and pass foot well.

Is the glove box and vanity light incandescent or led?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lower glove box incandescent, but upper glovebox led.

Users who are viewing this thread