5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Description of Off-Road Group and Rebel in FCA Press Release

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I just tripped over this looking for something else. I am intrigued by the vague description of a change in rear suspension geometry. Does anyone have more details?

Off-road
Ram continues to build on the brand’s enthusiast lineup and reinforces its claim of America’s Off-road Truck Leader. Engineered to conquer the great outdoors, Ram Truck has held one title longer than any production pickup – most off-road-capable with the Ram Power Wagon. Joining the Power Wagon, Ram Rebel and the Ram 2500 4x4 Off-road Package, the brand now adds a robust 4x4 Off-road Package for the Ram 1500 on nearly every trim. The offering includes a one-inch suspension lift with or without the available four-corner air suspension. An electronic-locking rear differential and 32-inch tires on 18- or available 20-inch wheels provide additional grip. Hill-descent Control, an offroad biased rear suspension geometry (Rebel and 4x4 Off-road Package) and unique off-road-calibrated shocks bolster trail capability. The package also includes skid plate protection (transfer case, steering, engine, and gas tank) and tow hooks.

Also new for 2019, the Ram 1500 Rebel is even more capable, now available in Quad Cab configurations and
featuring new 18-inch wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33-inch tires driven by an electronic-locking rear differential. The Rebel predecessor came standard with Ram’s Active-level four-corner air suspension and a one-inch suspension lift. While air suspension is still available, the new Rebel comes standard with coil spring suspension and a one-inch factory lift. Newly designed Bilstein shocks feature remote reservoirs to keep the shocks cool and work with unique rear suspension geometry (Rebel and 4x4 Off-road Package) to keep the tires in traction. Rebel also includes Hill-descent Control for more off-road prowess. Hefty tow hooks feature wide bumper openings to ease use and the underbody protection features skid plates on the transfer case, steering system, oil pan, and gas tank.

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_1500_-_Engineering.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 19

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just tripped over this looking for something else. I am intrigued by the vague description of a change in rear suspension geometry. Does anyone have more details?

I read somewhere that it's just a thinner anti-sway bar to allow more articulation. If I find it, I'll post it up.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I read somewhere that it's just a thinner anti-sway bar to allow more articulation. If I find it, I'll post it up.

Rock crawler have a sway bar disconnect if they have a sway bar at all. The Jeep Rubicon has it standard. Some have a remote sway bar disconnect from the cab. That said, the Ram 1500 doesn't have enough wheel travel to be a serious rock crawler. It is more of a drive through the woods to go fishing off-roader. A Dirt King suspension with FiberworX fenders would fix that if you'd like to.

Users who are viewing this thread