5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance Claim Info...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they're deemed to actually be at fault then their insurance company pays back your insurance company for what they paid out for your claim and deductible. But at fault insurance company doesn't always accept full 100% liability. Sometimes they will only accept 80% or 50%...depends on the claim and details of accident.

Right, I know how the basics of insurance coverage and subrogation. Not really what I was asking but thanks for replying.

I should have said, "asking for a friend" LOL.

But as far as the at fault person making those decisions...no. never.

That's more what I was getting at. There's a lot of internet lawyers telling others that their insurance carrier is going to deny coverage for an at fault accident because they were breaking some cardinal law being overloaded, over length, etc. Obviously you open yourself up to civil issues if there's negligence involved or life/limb lost.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right, I know how the basics of insurance coverage and subrogation. Not really what I was asking but thanks for replying.

I should have said, "asking for a friend" LOL.

That's more what I was getting at. There's a lot of internet lawyers telling others that their insurance carrier is going to deny coverage for an at fault accident because they were breaking some cardinal law being overloaded, over length, etc. Obviously you open yourself up to civil issues if there's negligence involved or life/limb lost.
Ah ok. Nope...that's completely preposterous. If that was the case...all insurance policies would outline that in a towing or hauling section. The only thing that comes even close would be if someone's trailer somehow struck a vehicle and that trailer isn't listed under their policy.

TheTank

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been brought to my attention that there are a lot of great people here that are not very knowledgeable regarding insurance.... specifically insurance claims.
Just wanted to let you know that I worked all different types of insurance claims and processes behind the closed doors and if anyone has questions regarding claims I can answer them. I mainly worked under AllState and Farmers but they all get handled the same way regardless of which insurance company. So if you have any questions Don't hesitate to ask! (Mine as well put my experience to good use lol)
Hi - I was recently rear-ended on an interstate the other day and having to get me rear bumper on my 2020 Rebel replaced. I'm working with the other guys insurance (Root Insurance) How's the best way to maximize my diminished value claim? The damage was minor, only about $1,500. However, just having the ding on my truck record that it's been in a wreck will diminish my value by much greater than that.

BNeal

Reaction score
Back in April, my 21' limited was hit at highway speeds and did $18k in damage to my truck. Being a brand new vehicle, I am still armwrestling State Farm for diminished value as I know they will subrogate the at-fault driver - who was in a company owned vehicle. I have been told by two dealers that the dirty CarFax will probably cost me in the neighborhood of around $3k. I went ahead and filed through my insurance just to expedite the process. Not sure if I'll get anything for DM or not - but I'm trying, as I want out of my wrecked truck.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nyc from what i was told is a “no fault” state and what i was told meant that that everyone has some type of fault at accident

no fault was the words of geico

Cocheese

Reaction score
"No fault insurance" means that you need to go through your own insurance to fix the damages/settle the claim. The insurances companies then will figure who is liable and settle the payments accordingly. "some type of fault" refers to comparative negligence. In certain states, if you were found more than 51% fault, your insurance company will need to pay 100% of damage caused. Other States, your insurance company will the percentage which you are at fault for. (i.e you were 80% at fault, then your insurance company will pay 80% of total damage caused). Hope this helps.

shurik74

Reaction score
Back in April, my 21' limited was hit at highway speeds and did $18k in damage to my truck. Being a brand new vehicle, I am still armwrestling State Farm for diminished value as I know they will subrogate the at-fault driver - who was in a company owned vehicle. I have been told by two dealers that the dirty CarFax will probably cost me in the neighborhood of around $3k. I went ahead and filed through my insurance just to expedite the process. Not sure if I'll get anything for DM or not - but I'm trying, as I want out of my wrecked truck.
How did it go? Were you able to get anything from your insurance?

BNeal

Reaction score
How did it go? Were you able to get anything from your insurance?
Still fighting! SF says subrogation takes a long time to settle. I'm told if I get anything for DM, it won't be much.

shurik74

Reaction score
Back in June 2021 I was hit by flat bed trailer that was disconnected from a truck on a highway going appx 60mph that caused in $23K in repairs for my 2020 RAM 1500. Couple weeks ago I started DV claim with their insurance. A few days ago got an offer letter to settle for $2K which is way lower then should be. Now I'm trying to figure how to continue fight ...

Users who are viewing this thread