5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instrument Cluster upgrade help!!!!

mlawre10

Reaction score
Good morning,

I have a quick question and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I own a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 and recently purchased the OBDLink MX+, AlfaOBD, and OBDGenie. I got everything hooked up (OBDGenie & OBDLink MX+), but immediately noticed that the dashboard lights looked like a Christmas tree, with every warning light on, including a message saying "No Bus." I followed a few videos on YouTube, but I’m unable to get the truck to recognize the new cluster and correct mileage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cnyncrvr

Reaction score
Good morning,

I have a quick question and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I own a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 and recently purchased the OBDLink MX+, AlfaOBD, and OBDGenie. I got everything hooked up (OBDGenie & OBDLink MX+), but immediately noticed that the dashboard lights looked like a Christmas tree, with every warning light on, including a message saying "No Bus." I followed a few videos on YouTube, but I’m unable to get the truck to recognize the new cluster and correct mileage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Why did you purchase an OBD Genie. If its the OBD Genie for cluster conversion it does the same thing that your OBDLink MX+ and AlfaOBD will do. But it will do it automatically and is limited to only the one function that it was purchased for. Where as OBDLink and Alfa has way more capabilities.
I think you are missing the security gateway bypass or bypass cable from this equation.
Also is your new cluster for a 2500 and not a 1500? "No Bus" Means no data communication on the can buss network.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good morning,

Thank you.
You might have better luck in the Homepage - HD Rams forum. This is the 5th Gen 1500 Rams site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/