5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instrument cluster scratches so easy

Neokane

Reaction score
Doesn't it just erk you how easily the instrument cluster plastic scratches.

I feel like i have to use a can of air to blow thr dust off to prevent scratches..
Just venting I guess.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find all of the plastics in my truck scratch easily, I scratched my glovebox with my finger nail one day by accident...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find all of the plastics in my truck scratch easily, I scratched my glovebox with my finger nail one day by accident...
I had a 2007 Lexus IS250 that was horrible like that. I would accidentally GOUGE out the plastic from the door panels when reaching for the handle...looked like a rabid otter had been turned loose in there. Turns out they had defective plastics and issued a recall to replace all of the interior panels. I’m sure it was insanely expensive for Lexus.
I certainly hope the Ram panels don’t have this problem.

tac63

Reaction score
Having replaced my cluster lens for this exact reason I 100% agree, they scratch super easy. I have resorted to air and a glass cleaning cloth very lightly to clean mine when needed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is not specific to RAM. All vehicles have soft cluster plastics that scratch easily unless you take precautions and don’t dry wipe, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread