5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructions and hardware for original bed step 82215289AB

Heisrizn

Reaction score
I'm aware of the recall.

Anyone out there that can assist with providing the PDF instructions as well as the hardware/specs for installation? (82215289AB)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm aware of the recall.

Anyone out there that can assist with providing the PDF instructions as well as the hardware/specs for installation? (82215289AB)

Thanks for the help in advance!

AB was replaced by AH, installation instructions can be found sometimes on the product page.

Heisrizn

Reaction score

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Different date from previous post, appears to be the recalled model. Notice for those that are not aware of recall.

Attachments

• Ram Bed Step RCRIT-19E059-3912.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • Ram BedStepInstall.pdf
    994.1 KB · Views: 24

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Different date from previous post, appears to be the recalled model. Notice for those that are not aware of recall.
That second one "Ram BedStepInstall" matched mine from late 2018. Also note that the instructions were never quite correct—per discussions in old threads. IIRC, one of the holes in the frame was threaded, so I didn't need all of the parts provided with the step and shown in the instructions.

Heisrizn

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Any idea on the specs for the bolts/hardware or how I might acquire them?

billhansen

Reaction score
Two long bolts are reused; the additional bolt needed is 1.5" if you have the nut welded on, and needs a flat washer; just take a long bolt to a hardware store to match the threads, which look to be 3/8"; likely want to used coated hardware. If you don't have the welded nut, which is on the inboard side of the bracket on the vehicle, get a nut and flat washer.

Last edited:

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I had the step on my 2012 Titan and really liked it - but geez, almost $400 w/ tax and shipping??? ☹️

Dave

billhansen

Reaction score

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Whoa! $200 (different ebay seller than what you showed) w/ tax, free shipping, count me in! And it s/b here before my Dec. birthday, I'm considering this as a gift from my wife ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Dave

Last edited:

Rupp

Reaction score
Are the after market steps as good as the original as they run around the $200 mark with free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread