5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Factory LED Fog Lights

VAVTX

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and spent a lot of time searching the forums but could not find a clear answer to this question. I know a harness is required to go from halogen to LED headlights. Both headlights and a harness on order. But what about to go from halogen factory fog lights to factory LED fog lights? Are the fog lights 100% plug and play or is any harness or programming required?

2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Thanks all!

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and spent a lot of time searching the forums but could not find a clear answer to this question. I know a harness is required to go from halogen to LED headlights. Both headlights and a harness on order. But what about to go from halogen factory fog lights to factory LED fog lights? Are the fog lights 100% plug and play or is any harness or programming required?

2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Thanks all!
For the fog lights, you will need the mounting brackets, bezels and the lights.
Sold here.

After installation, you need to change the polarity on the connector.

VAVTX

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. A little confused though. Do I need the kit and to also change the polarity on the connector?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. A little confused though. Do I need the kit and to also change the polarity on the connector?
If you have the OEM Round fog lights, then yes. Polarity needs to be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread