5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing a Solid fold 2.0

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am just in the middle of install of the Solid fold 2.0. And my question is do I need to remove the black small rubber from front clamps ?

Attachments

• 162B2804-4168-4AE3-8792-37BE55918CCC.jpeg
    162B2804-4168-4AE3-8792-37BE55918CCC.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 101

ab46501

Reaction score
I just installed the Solid Fold 2.0 the other day. Mine did not come with the black rubber pieces on it. Pretty sure it was shipped directly from the factory. As long as it is gripping I doubt it will matter?

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
I just installed the Solid Fold 2.0 the other day. Mine did not come with the black rubber pieces on it. Pretty sure it was shipped directly from the factory. As long as it is gripping I doubt it will matter?
How do you like the tonneau cover, how is it in rain? I installed mine few days ago, and it’s leaking when raining.

ab46501

Reaction score
How do you like the tonneau cover, how is it in rain? I installed mine few days ago, and it’s leaking when raining.

So far I like the looks and the utility of it is great.

It hasn't rained here since I got it put on but I have been through the car wash a couple of times. Some water gets in around the edges. It wasn't a lot and I have not been too concerned since it was high pressure water from the sides. I don't expect it to be 100% leak free just as long as it does not leak in the middle on the seams.

They do suggest you re tighten the front attachment point after about a week.

19RamBC

Reaction score
So far I like the looks and the utility of it is great.

It hasn't rained here since I got it put on but I have been through the car wash a couple of times. Some water gets in around the edges. It wasn't a lot and I have not been too concerned since it was high pressure water from the sides. I don't expect it to be 100% leak free just as long as it does not leak in the middle on the seams.

They do suggest you re tighten the front attachment point after about a week.
I took my solid fold off my 2010 and put it on my 2019. As long as the front is tight i get next to no water in it at all and i live in rainy Vancouver. As long as its centered and tight it works great

ab46501

Reaction score
We finally got some rain the other day. It was a pretty decent thunderstorm. I had some leaking around the side of the back panel by the tailgate. I need to look and see if there is a way to adjust the locking handles to be a little tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread