5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing 360 view camera?

amilos

Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to add the 360 view cameras (integrated into the 12 inch Uconnect screen the truck came with)?

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 DT with the regular mirrors (no tow mirrors), back up camera. Just missing the front and side cameras needed for the surround view.

The biggest obstacle may be reconfiguring the Unconnect to use any new additional cams?

Thx.

Last edited:

jkratze1

Reaction score
I have not heard of anyone successful at adding this. If anyone can it will be Infotainment but it will cost $4000

LouCap

Reaction score
From what I have read elsewhere on this forum (I can't remember where exactly), it depends on the trim level of your truck. I believe the upper trims have the camera module that would allow for the extra cameras to be connected to Uconnect. I think there are a lot of folks who unwittingly got the Tow Package and lost their 360 cameras.

LouCap

Reaction score
I am one of them.. a loaded laramie with tow mirros
I feel your pain...Limited with tow mirrors here. Well, at least we got to pay for the 360 cameras and then again for the tow package ...with no refund for the missing cameras. Yay.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

amilos

Reaction score
From what I have read elsewhere on this forum (I can't remember where exactly), it depends on the trim level of your truck. I believe the upper trims have the camera module that would allow for the extra cameras to be connected to Uconnect. I think there are a lot of folks who unwittingly got the Tow Package and lost their 360 cameras.

I have a 2019 Laramie trim with standard mirrors (no tow mirrors). One dealer I talked to had no idea, so I thought I would reach out to the community for info.

amac0914

Reaction score
This is correct. It does depend on the trim lever as to if you have the image control module or not. I have the rebel and tried to run a front camera to the control module, only to find out that the rebel doesnt have one.

klail

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an additional camera that looks at the cargo load in the bed of the truck.

azzx

Reaction score
All you need to know - cant be done easily and cheap!

amilos

Reaction score
All you need to know - cant be done easily and cheap!

Thx. That's too bad.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
The only time you Will have the surround module is if you have 360. All of the non systems the camera connects directly to the radio harness.
However some in site here. For those who just want a front facing camera the radio when not equipped with 360 has a cargo cam input that can be activated with a tazer DT so you can essentially add the input via after market camera to your front and press the screen to activate it.

in a normal situation the 360 brain is located in the passenger kick panel.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
The only time you Will have the surround module is if you have 360. All of the non systems the camera connects directly to the radio harness.
However some in site here. For those who just want a front facing camera the radio when not equipped with 360 has a cargo cam input that can be activated with a tazer DT so you can essentially add the input via after market camera to your front and press the screen to activate it.

in a normal situation the 360 brain is located in the passenger kick panel.
Where is the input? This is news to everyone lol

2019Ram64

Reaction score
The input is on the single large connector on the back of the radio. You have to add an rca cable with the correct pins. To the harness. You can obtain this rca from z auto. Now no one lists this info. And technically your adding an input for the cargo cam. When 1500s are not equipped with a cargo cam.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
If anyone in Dallas wants to try it to 100 percent confirm I’ve got everything needed to do so. And I’ll be able to activate it without a tazer.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
As I posted in the other 360 request forum. The jl camera setup zauto sells should work for a ram as well you. The only instructions are useless except the part about adding the rca cable to the radio harness. The pin out should be the same. That kit I believe comes with a camera rca adapter. Then you need a tazer. Or be in Dallas and I can activate the cargo cam input.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
The input is on the single large connector on the back of the radio. You have to add an rca cable with the correct pins. To the harness. You can obtain this rca from z auto. Now no one lists this info. And technically your adding an input for the cargo cam. When 1500s are not equipped with a cargo cam.

This Is incorrect for the 12”, the concept works on the 8.4, but the 12” uses a different type of video input. This is why the BCI-CH41 doesn’t work on the 12”

fredrk123

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an additional camera that looks at the cargo load in the bed of the truck.
i've thought of this also since i just bought a tonneau cover for my truck bed. I'm also in process of finding a camera to put on front windshield and back windshield to pick up in case someone backs into my 2019 laramie truck.

Users who are viewing this thread