5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Readylift 3.5” and 35’s and now want a camper. Does this change anything for towing?

Mark985

Reaction score
My question is will my truck still be safe to tow at the advertised max weight and payload. I’m looking at getting a camper but now I’m wondering if the lift changes things for towing. Please if you are knowledgeable on this let me know. Thanks

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My question is will my truck still be safe to tow at the advertised max weight and payload. I’m looking at getting a camper but now I’m wondering if the lift changes things for towing. Please if you are knowledgeable on this let me know. Thanks
It won’t change your tow capacity. You will have the back end sagging down when you tow. Get some air bags for the rear like Joeyp said to level it out when towing.

Cr250Ram

Reaction score
Some say it does, I do not know on a legal stand point. That would be decided if something went wrong and something really bad happened to the point the courts were involved. I would reduce my capacity some unless you re-gear to account for the loss in powertrain ability. Also, I recommend this site to make sure everything is in order and legal; Towing Calculator

Users who are viewing this thread