5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Rain Sensor now get weird warning light on Dashboard

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They changed the part number for something you didn't order and sent it anyways? What the actual F. If that was me I would be beyond upset. That's unreal. Do a credit card claim and keep the broken part out of spite so they don't get crap. You have proof you didn't get what you ordered.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 150822

They continued to try and defend their actions.

I'm definitely somewhat at fault here for not keying in on the different P/N sooner...but the part looked right...and I never suspected they would change my order...I'm truly amazed at how this whole experience went. It could all have been avoided too...that's what is super frustrating.
This is why you never supply a VIN. This would have happened at any other mopar parts supplier site that has the VIN guarantee.

Hez

Reaction score
This is why you never supply a VIN. This would have happened at any other mopar parts supplier site that has the VIN guarantee.
Yeah, I don't remember if it was a required field or not - but I guess I expect a basic level of communication before just changing my order. Definitely learned a lesson here that I'll remember moving forward.

btman897

Reaction score
So...no, I haven't gotten the rain sensor to work yet. I actually feel like a dumbass, but the part that I originally took out is the same part number, so I apparently had the auto rain sensor already....just needed to enable the settings.

I put the original part back in today, and got a message saying Rain Sensing Wipers Need Service then the same icon appeared...so it is something with the truck.

I have a small list of items that need to be addressed by the service department, I will ask them about it when I take it in.
Mine did that from the dealership.. I planned on calling about it today to see when they can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread