5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed my ballistic glass cover!

K9cop

Reaction score
Link?
Edit: nm, I found it

Sent from my OnePlus 7t using Tapatalk

ksu1971

Reaction score

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one for the 8.4 screen but I can't figure out how to install it. It comes with these suction cups; when I tried to install the last one I cracked it. So the replacement they sent me (from China) is just sitting in a box. It almost seems to me it would be a lot easier to install this if the bezel was out of the truck, but I haven't looked up how to take the bezel off so there's that...

GRB60

Reaction score
I cleaned everything then attached suction cup to the front. Remove the film from the back of the protector. Carefully hold one corner on the edge (don't touch the back) and grab the suction cup. You now have good control. Gently place the protector over the screen, starting in a corner. Let the screen "suck" itself to the surface. That's it.
I had a small bubble that I couldn't push out with a credit card and had to gently lift it and let it suck down a second time. The install is as close to perfect as I've ever done.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cleaned everything then attached suction cup to the front. Remove the film from the back of the protector. Carefully hold one corner on the edge (don't touch the back) and grab the suction cup. You now have good control. Gently place the protector over the screen, starting in a corner. Let the screen "suck" itself to the surface. That's it.
I had a small bubble that I couldn't push out with a credit card and had to gently lift it and let it suck down a second time. The install is as close to perfect as I've ever done.
I wish they had these old-style where you'd spray a little soapy water on there and squeegie it out. I think I tried doing that but it seemed to me that the protector was either the same size or just a hair bigger than the opening within the bezel, so when you got to the screen there wasn't enough room to put it on there. If there was no bezel there would be all kinds of room to maneuver, which is why I've just been saving mine.

10 years from now, when my screen is all scratched up and I'm trading the truck in, I'll find the protector in a box of spare parts :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread