5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Flowmaster Outlaw and LOVE the sound

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice man! Thank you for sharing that video. When you have a chance maybe some rpms or driving impressions :D

boltbarge

Reaction score
Nice man! Thank you for sharing that video. When you have a chance maybe some rpms or driving impressions :D
Thanks man! I will definitely record some better videos with revs, take off and wide open throttle. I was racing against a snowstorm in PA when I installed it. Better quality videos to come!

kittyjo

Reaction score
Thinking about getting that one . Is that just the muffler or with exhaust tips? What did u pay for that if u don’t mind me asking.

boltbarge

Reaction score
Thinking about getting that one . Is that just the muffler or with exhaust tips? What did u pay for that if u don’t mind me asking.
It is just the muffler. Flowmaster part number 817846, Jegs had it for $299, but I saved a few bucks with a coupon. Installation was easy; sawzall 1.25 inches from the exit of the factory muffler and then remove 2 bolts. Drop the old one out, hang the new one and that's it!

boltbarge

Reaction score
Update: Drove it about 150 miles today on the highway. Driving between 75-80mph and averaged 20.5 mpg and was NOT at all bothered by the noise others complain of when the truck switches to eco mode.

boltbarge

Reaction score
Any noise from the weepholes in the resonators?
I was really worried about the weep hole noise, but it really isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It is more like a soft “shhhh” tone than exhaust leak sound. I may still JB Weld them closed just to clean it up though.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the weep hole thing. I have the MF b2fab. I’ve heard that noise everyone is talking about out of the weeps. For test purposes I taped them all up. Yes it has made a difference on that specific noise sitting right at rear of truck. To me it’s still there with the main noise coming right out of tail pipe.

Imo I don’t think it’s bad or obnoxious with my set up. With @REBEL Ions video with the middle level replacement and others that went to the all the way open(straight pipe)muffler replacement it’s way more pronounced.

Cravenschild

Reaction score
I have been looking at this as an exhaust option on my new RAM, but I was looking at 817633 vs 817846 as there doesn't seem to be any cutting of the factory components listed in the installation instructions. Anyone have personal experience between the two different part number/options? 817633 is labeled as the Outlaw exhaust system vs being labeled simply as a muffler and seems to be about $50 more expensive.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
I have the same exhaust and to be honest I liked the sound at first but after doing a lot of highway driving I hate it. I have the 3.92 gears so maybe my rpms sit differently than those with the lower gears.

Cravenschild

Reaction score
I have the same exhaust and to be honest I liked the sound at first but after doing a lot of highway driving I hate it. I have the 3.92 gears so maybe my rpms sit differently than those with the lower gears.

What do you hate about it on the highway exactly? Too noisy?

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
What do you hate about it on the highway exactly? Too noisy?
It maintains a steady loud noise bordering on drone. It sounds amazing when you get on the gas to pass someone but for moderate cruising it's rough. My wife now refuses to drive long distances in my truck because the sound gives her a headache. To put that into perspective she loves driving around in my 890rwho mustang with long tube headers catless x pipe and varex mufflers.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fx muffler or the b2 MF would of probably been a better choice for you. That’s a bummer to hear the disappointment. Myself and many here do appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it.

It is all in perspective of the individual. Many options for our trucks out there now. There seems to be a lot of hit or miss. The more honest feed back, the more hits then misses will accure.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
The fx muffler or the b2 MF would of probably been a better choice for you. That’s a bummer to hear the disappointment. Myself and many here do appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it.

It is all in perspective of the individual. Many options for our trucks out there now. There seems to be a lot of hit or miss. The more honest feed back, the more hits then misses will accure.
You are 100% correct it is all personal preference when It comes to sound quality.

Grim Reaper 45

Reaction score
Update: Drove it about 150 miles today on the highway. Driving between 75-80mph and averaged 20.5 mpg and was NOT at all bothered by the noise others complain of when the truck switches to eco mode.
Was there any increase in MPG.

freerider969

Reaction score
On the weep hole thing. I have the MF b2fab. I’ve heard that noise everyone is talking about out of the weeps. For test purposes I taped them all up. Yes it has made a difference on that specific noise sitting right at rear of truck. To me it’s still there with the main noise coming right out of tail pipe.

Imo I don’t think it’s bad or obnoxious with my set up. With @REBEL Ions video with the middle level replacement and others that went to the all the way open(straight pipe)muffler replacement it’s way more pronounced.
Thanks for posting, I am on the fence on which B2 Fab direct bolt on to go with on my 2019 Rebel. Which one did you go with? Im in San Antonio too, good to see someone else from here.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I am on the fence on which B2 Fab direct bolt on to go with on my 2019 Rebel. Which one did you go with? Im in San Antonio too, good to see someone else from here.
I have the MF one with rear resonators still on. If you like, shot me a PM & we can meet up somewhere if you like to here it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online