5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed auxbeam switch

Sigfla

Reaction score
Installed my auxbeam switch today. I routed the remote wire through the firewall via the mopar instructions for the cargo bed led kit. This is different than others have done via YouTube and much easier. There is a small rubber nipple in the firewall you simply need to cut the tip open slightly and pull the wire through there connector and all. I routed my wire behind the console and drilled a small hole just large enough for the connector in the top of the back wall of the storage cubby. I drilled on the drivers side of the wall but I was lucky bc there is a small brace near there. It wasn’t an issue for me but anyone else doing the same I would suggest you feel around and choose the best location for you. I then used a mount off Etsy (Flipit3D) to hold the remote and the switch box. I still would like to clean up my wiring a bit but this is a totally hidden install that can be removed at any time. I can take the remote out and simply hide the wire in my console or leave it plugged in. Removing the plastic covers off the console screws was an annoyance until I realized a tiny Allen key would fit into a small round hole on one side and that allows you to pop them off very easily without any damage. The 2 trim pieces are a bit tougher but starting at the top center corner and working downward to the floor helped get them off. Thanks to all the YouTubers who posted vids of their radio/auxbeam/accessory installs that I was able to use as a reference. If you are doing anything through the firewall use the provided nipple, lol. It makes things much easier. Next up will be my M&R light bars. I forgot I also bought the extended remote wire. After install I doubt I needed it. The extra wire I had I just coiled up in the engine bay by the battery. The owner of Flipit3D who is awesome and helpful btw just told me he has improved the switch box mount and is sending me a new one. It wedges between the body mount bolt and he reinforced it at that location. He also suggested that the mount gets stronger after a few heat cycles. He told me to mount it not too tight at first then after a few hot days to tighten it up more.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0938.jpeg
    IMG_0938.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0937.jpeg
    IMG_0937.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 55

Sigfla

Reaction score
I marked the nipple location with a red arrow. You can DL the mopar led kit instructions and they also have a graphic. It’s not easy to see but if you feel around you can find it pretty easy. I also marked the cubby where I drilled the hole for my remote cable.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
came out very nice! plan on doing this soon. im guessing your truck has bed lights already? seems like a tight fit

Sigfla

Reaction score
came out very nice! plan on doing this soon. im guessing your truck has bed lights already? seems like a tight fit
No I added them via the thread here and actually returned the mopar kit. The mopar harness is overly complicated and expensive. The solution posted here is much easier and factory OEM if you had the LEDs when you bought the truck. I’ll post the thread in a sec.

Sigfla

Reaction score

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I added them via the thread here and actually returned the mopar kit. The mopar harness is overly complicated and expensive. The solution posted here is much easier and factory OEM if you had the LEDs when you bought the truck. I’ll post the thread in a sec.
nice what auz beam switch did u use with the flipit3d mount? (engine bay)

Users who are viewing this thread