5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install Spacers Without Disconnecting Air Sus

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone tried this? My shop guy thinks he can avoid messing with the air ride system but cutting a 3/16th inch slice through the spacers so that they slide onto the posts. Thoughts?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone tried this? My shop guy thinks he can avoid messing with the air ride system but cutting a 3/16th inch slice through the spacers so that they slide onto the posts. Thoughts?
I've wondered about this. My only concern is if it would somehow degrade the integrity of the spacer, but as long as its not too close to the mounting holes, it might be ok

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've wondered about this. My only concern is if it would somehow degrade the integrity of the spacer, but as long as its not too close to the mounting holes, it might be ok
Yeah, it's just my local dealers (all of them) are getting slammed right now, so if something happens and I need a nitrogen recharge, I may be SOL for weeks.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just my local dealers (all of them) are getting slammed right now, so if something happens and I need a nitrogen recharge, I may be SOL for weeks.
You can disconnect the lines 4 or 5 times before you'd need to recharge. Put the the truck in entry/exit and tire jack mode. You'll be fine.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be a little pricey, but if you are really worried about it, you could get some high-purity nitrogen from Robert’s, Arcet, etc., a regulator, and the mopar air fill adapter. You would also need a scan tool to perform the ASCM stuff.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can disconnect the lines 4 or 5 times before you'd need to recharge. Put the the truck in entry/exit and tire jack mode. You'll be fine.
What we were concerned about is the system just slowly releasing all the nitrogen out of it while the truck gets worked on. Wasn't sure if tire jack just stopped the system from adjusting itself or if it actually cuts off the flow, like with an interior valve or something.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What we were concerned about is the system just slowly releasing all the nitrogen out of it while the truck gets worked on. Wasn't sure if tire jack just stopped the system from adjusting itself or if it actually cuts off the flow, like with an interior valve or something.
There is a check valve and it won't keep leaking while it's being worked on. Plenty have people have done it and I haven't heard of the system draining out. It shouldn't take them long to do the install anyway.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a check valve and it won't keep leaking while it's being worked on. Plenty have people have done it and I haven't heard of the system draining out. It shouldn't take them long to do the install anyway.
Appreciate the info man, I feel better lol. Now we'll see if my shop guy feels better too, otherwise I'll have to find someone else to do it. Would rather give the money to him though, he's a good dude and I don't blame him for being apprehensive about it, he's never worked on anything with air sus before.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the info man, I feel better lol. Now we'll see if my shop guy feels better too, otherwise I'll have to find someone else to do it. Would rather give the money to him though, he's a good dude and I don't blame him for being apprehensive about it, he's never worked on anything with air sus before.
100% agree, I'd rather anyone working on my truck be overly cautious instead of "F-it, not my truck" lol

Users who are viewing this thread