5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

install pedal commander question

Latrito

Reaction score
How do I remove factory throttle connection to allow connecting pedal commander on 2019 ram 1500?

whetrick1

Reaction score
How do I remove factory throttle connection to allow connecting pedal commander on 2019 ram 1500?

There's a slide lock on the connection just like the one on the pedal commander. Look at it and see how it slides to unlock the plug. Or go to YouTube and I'm sure that they have a video showing how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latrito

Reaction score
There's a slide lock on the connection just like the one on the pedal commander. Look at it and see how it slides to unlock the plug. Or go to YouTube and I'm sure that they have a video showing how to do it.

Thanks wherick1, I slapped myself when i saw how easy it was to remove.

dmbuie

Reaction score
I love mine but it was causing CEL's. I ended up having to contact PC support where they had to push out a less-aggressive program to my Bluetooth-enabled PC. After a week, no more CEL's and I can enjoy the power that I paid for.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I love mine but it was causing CEL's. I ended up having to contact PC support where they had to push out a less-aggressive program to my Bluetooth-enabled PC. After a week, no more CEL's and I can enjoy the power that I paid for.

I didn't have any of those issues. I had my battery unplugged when I put mine in even tho the instructions didn't say you had to..

dmbuie

Reaction score
I didn't have any of those issues. I had my battery unplugged when I put mine in even tho the instructions didn't say you had to..

I tried that twice with mine and no dice.

dmbuie

Reaction score
Wow a least they helped you figure it out.

I will say that the less-aggressive is, indeed, less aggressive. I had to crank mine up from City +4 to Sport+ 0 just to get the same results. It's almost like turbo lag...then you better hang on to the steering wheel. It feels like they have reduced the throttle sensitivity unless you keep your foot in it. I actually prefer this and now I can take off from traffic lights gently without jerking my head into the head rest. :) Same goes for wet roads. Before my new program, it would slip the rear tires easily when wet, even with a light foot. Now, I don't have to worry about turning down my setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online