5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install of RetraxPro to replace OEM tonneau cover

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone who installed a RetraxPro (or other tonneau cover) to replace the OEM tonneau cover had to replace the ‘black’ cargo rails for the silver cargo rails.
The RetraxPro website says that the ‘Silver’ rails are required. My MOPAR dealer is telling me that the silver rails won’t fit my 2020 Limited with Ram box and MFT.

Anyone have experience proving otherwise??

RickWaz

Reaction score
I installed the Retrax RetraxPRO MX 80244 Tonneau Cover on my 2020 Limited, w/ Ram Boxes and MFT. My Ram came w/ the silver (aluminum) rails. No installation issues and LOVE this tonneau cover. Good luck!

From the installation manual showing the silver rails:

1623846392629.png

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my experience many aftermarket covers require the silver rails which come on trucks that didn't come with cover from factory.

I believe the difference is the black rails don't have the machine slot on the top of the rail which is what the aftermarket typically uses for their mounts but I may be wrong.

Assume FCA in there wisdom assumed people who got a cover from the factory wouldn't change to aftermarket cover hence needing the silver rails.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread