5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install help - Air Lift 1000

chrisgrashorn

Reaction score
Hello, I'm running into some trouble installing the Air Lift 1000 in my 2019 Laramie. All of the instructions and videos I can find show a large space for the air line to go through the top of the spring. On mine I have a bolt going through some metal parts at the top. I removed the bolt from the bottom along with the piece that was on top which leaves enough room for the air hose but I'm not sure there is enough clearance for the top of the air bag once the spring is compressed. Is there some sort of aftermarket spacer installed here? If so, what is it and do I need to remove it in order to install the bag? Trying to avoid pulling out the springs if I don't have to. Thanks!

IMG_8131.jpeg IMG_8133.jpeg IMG_8134.jpeg IMG_8135.jpeg

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You definitely have some type of spacer in there. Excuse the picture as the tire was in the way, but it appears the top of my coils spring is sitting higher in the perch. The hole in the top is just barely larger than the fitting on top of the bag. IMG_6174.JPG

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No avoiding removing the springs to get the spacer out. If you remove your shocks and disconnect the sway bar to let one end of the axle droop you may be able to remove the springs and spacers. Sometimes you have to force the axle down with a jack. You will have to jack up the truck and put jack stands under the frame to allow the axle to drop.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just installed mine (1000hd) last weekend. I took the springs out to do it. Definitely did not have that spacer at the top of my springs. When doing mine, the passenger side spring comes out very easy without removing the sway bar, but you will probably have to remove it to do the driver's side. I just used spring compressors and slightly compressed it and it came out fine.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine looks the same as @pkman . I was able to zip tie mine up and push them through the spring without removing them. Definitely looks different than what I encountered.

chrisgrashorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Finally got around to pulling the springs out. Sure enough, there was a 1" spacer on top. I pulled this out and got the air bags installed. Since I have front leveling struts, I also just ordered the MotoFab 1.5" spacers which go on the bottom of the coil spring. Without any spacer, it is a bit front high.

Attachments

• IMG_8176.jpeg
    IMG_8176.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8178.jpeg
    IMG_8178.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 25

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I would have known - I have a set of spacers in the garage I'm not using as I put in Eibach springs

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Finally got around to pulling the springs out. Sure enough, there was a 1" spacer on top. I pulled this out and got the air bags installed. Since I have front leveling struts, I also just ordered the MotoFab 1.5" spacers which go on the bottom of the coil spring. Without any spacer, it is a bit front high.
Those look like the spacers from a Mopar lift kit….i have them sitting in my garage

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look like the spacers from a Mopar lift kit….i have them sitting in my garage
So, has anyone knowingly installed Air Lift 1000 bags on a Mopar lifted truck, and with ORP springs? This may be what I will end up doing; just wondering what I'll have to mod on the spacer to get the bags and fittings in. I can do any mods necessary to the top steel spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread